Xperia Z5 users can update their devices now to the latest CyanogenMod 13 build, which is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. This experimental build of CyanogenMod 13 is unofficial, but if you want to taste the new feature of Marshmallow 6.0.1, then go ahead and follow the given guide to install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow via CyanogenMod 13 on Xperia Z5 Compact. As this is an Alpha build, so you might face some not functioning features or bugs like with a camera, video recording, and Bluetooth, but the developers are busy to fix these issues to make it fully functional. We have given a list of working and not working features of this CyanogenMod custom ROM.
Ready to get started and want to check the CM13 ROM on your Z5 Compact to taste the latest Android Marshmallow OS version? Then proceed to the given instructions. All you need to have a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP pre-installed on your device to flash the ROM and Google Apps package.
- Flashlight / Torch
- Camera button
- Video recording
- Bluetooth (crashes after a few seconds)
- Camera Colors
- Incoming and outgoing calls (No sound)
- When calling from CM incoming numbers and your outgoing number may be different (This only applies when using CM)
- Full brightness
- Fingerprint sensor
- Lag after booting up the device (Will resolve after locking the phone and waiting a few seconds)
- Boot animation Lag at first boot
- Thermal regulation
- Red flashy frames
- RIL (SIM detection)
- Dex pre-optimization
- Crash after locking device
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any damage to your Xperia Z5 Compact during or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Take a complete backup of all your data and setting on your phone like contacts, call logs, SMS, MMS, internet settings, installed apps, photos and audio/video files, etc.
- Turn OFF the Antivirus and other security features from your computer to avoid unexpected issues while downloading the firmware and installation.
- Download and install Xperia Z5 Compact drivers on your PC.
- The bootloader of your Xperia Z5 should be unlocked. How To?
- The battery level of your Xperia Z5 should be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- The latest version of a custom recovery should be pre-installed on Xperia Z5 Compact.
- Download CM 13 ROM for the Z5 Compact
- Download Z5C AndroPlusKernel v20
- Download TWRP 126.96.36.199
- Download TWRP 188.8.131.52
- Download Google Apps Package
Steps To Flash CyanogenMod 13 (Unofficial) on Xperia Z5 Compact:
1:- First, download all the .zipped files from the above links on the desktop of your PC. Also extract Z5C AndroPlusKernel v20 and TWRP 184.108.40.206.
2:- Connect the Xperia Z5 with the PC and move CM13 and Google Apps package to the phone’s storage.
3:- Turn OFF the Z5 in order to boot into fastboot mode.
4:- Turn the device ON by holding the Volume Up button and connect it to the PC using USB cable while holding the Volume Up button. Once the notification light turns blue, the Z5 will enter fastboot mode.
5:- Find the boot.img file in the extracted Z5C_AndroPlusKernel_v20.zip folder using fast boot.
6:- Flash twrp-220.127.116.11 image using fastboot
7:- After flashing the twrp-3.0.0 image, exit fastboot. The notification light to turn yellow at the Sony logo after a while.
8:- The Z5 will now enter into TWRP (Press Volume Up or Down button)
9:- While your device is in TWRP recovery, make a proper backup of all your existing data.
10:- Navigate to the main menu of recovery and select Wipe > Advanced Wipe. Also, select Dalvik/ART cache, system, cache, and Data and choose swipe to wipe button.
10:- Go back to the recovery menu and select Install and locate the ROM .zip file that you have already transferred to your phone. Select Add more zips and add the Google Apps and swipe to install.
12:- Select the Reboot system after the installation is completed.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or questions while installing Unofficial CyanogenMod 13 custom firmware on Xperia Z5 Compact.