Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow is now available for the Xperia Z3 with Xperia Performance custom ROM. This amazing custom ROM came with the same icons, themes and wallpapers. Android 6.0.1 Xperia Performance Marshmallow Custom ROM also brings an improved Doze Mode and optimized battery usage. So if you want to enjoy the firmware of Xperia X on Xperia Z3 then go ahead and follow the step-by-step guide.
Ready to update Xperia Z3 to Android 6.0.1 Xperia Performance Marshmallow custom firmware? Before going ahead, remember that this ROM is not officially released by Sony and you’ll need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like ClockworkMod already installed in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone.
Android 6.0.1 Xperia Performance Marshmallow ROM Details:
- Full ROM
- Debloated Agressive
- Superuser mod, services.jar patched
- TWRP 3.0.2
- ROM rooted
- Enable Init.d
- xAlliance Script ~ New script RXSW ~
- CPU completely Optimized
- Optimized battery usage
- Perfect Sound MOD
- Xperia X theme and Icon Pack
- Build.Prop Tweaks
- Xperia X bootanimation
- Optimized for multitasking
- Systemui round notifications
- Settings Xperia Performance Max Ultra Fury Alliance™
- Emoji in keyboard mounted
- Xposed Modules
- Improved Doze
- DATA cleaning
This guide containing the Android 6.0.1 Xperia Performance Marshmallow custom ROM is working with the Sony Xperia Z3. Do not try to install this ROM on any other device, or your device might get bricked.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xperia Z3 during or after the installation of Xperia Performance Custom Firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure that the battery level of your Xperia Z3 is at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download and install proper USB Drivers for the Xperia Z3 on PC.
- It is highly recommended to take a proper back up of your important data and settings on the phone using a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on Xperia Z3 from Settings > Developer Options.
- How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK (How To?)
- The Xperia Z3 should be rooted with the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked.
Steps to Flash Android 6.0.1 Xperia Performance Marshmallow on Sony Xperia Z3:
1:- First, download Xperia Performance Android 6.0.1 ROM ([xZ3][MM][.203] Xperia Performance Max Ultra Fury Alliance™.zip) for Sony Xperia Z3 on the dekstop of your PC.
2:- Extract the downloaded ROM .zip file to get boot.img file separately.
3:- Connect your Xperia Z3 with the PC and mount USB (mass) memory using the USB cable.
4:- Transfer the Android 6.0.1 ROM zip file to the root folder of your SD card.
5:- Now copy/paste the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
6:- Next, power OFF your device in order to boot into Bootloader Mode.
7:- Power ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up button while connecting it again with the USB cable. Your phone LED will turn blue and it will get into the Bootloader Mode.
8:- Once the Xperia Z3 enters into Fastboot mode, go to to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory on the PC and open Command Prompt within that folder.
9:- Type the given command and hit Enter.
fastboot flash boot boot.img
10:- Now give the following command and press Enter.
10:- Now, boot the device into Recovery Mode. Turn ON the phone while pressing the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons a few times till the LED light turn pink.
12:- Go back to the main recovery menu and perform a full data wipe. This includes Dalvik cache, Cache, System, Factory data reset.
13:- Go back the main Recovery menu and choose install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
14:- Find the ROM file that you’ve already transferred to the root folder of your SD Card. Select the ROM .zip file and proceed the installation process.
15:- Once the ROM is successfully installed on your Xperia Z3, install Google Apps package by following the same procedure as given above.
16:- After the installation of Xperia Performance Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM and Google Apps, select reboot system now to reboot the Xperia Z3.
It will take about 5 minutes to boots up for the first time after installing ROM on your phone.
That’s All! You have successfully updated Xperia Z3 to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Xperia Performance custom ROM.