Now you can easily update Xiaomi Mi A1 to the latest LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM. This ROM is based on the new Google’s mobile OS, Android 8.1 Oreo. So if you have Xiaomi Mi A1 then we have good news for you that Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM is available for these devices and you can download and install this latest custom ROM on your Mi A1 to taste the sweetness of Oreo. Proceed to Update Xiaomi Mi A1 to Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 Custom ROM.
Keep in mind that LineageOS is a custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers but it works and is almost bug-free. You may already know that Xiaomi Mi A1 is based on stock Android that enables us to do customization easily as compared to MIUI on them. Thanks to abhishek987 (Senior XDA Member) for sharing this build of LineageOS 15.1 for the Xiaomi Mi A1. Many users have tested this ROM and found it very stable for daily use. So go ahead and follow the given detailed guide to update Xiaomi Mi A1 to Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo.
All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP already installed on your Mi A1 to flash the ROM. Here we’ll use TWRP custom recovery to flash the Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 and Gapps package. We highly recommend creating a full backup of all your existing and important data before proceeding to the installation guide. As, while installing this Android 8.1 Oreo-based custom ROM, all the data will be wiped clean – like a brand new phone. Below we have mentioned making a full backup for rooted and non-rooted phones.
Check out some of the highlighted features of Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM:
This latest LineageOS 15.1 custom ROM brings a lot of awesome and new features and is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM Features:
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- IR Blaster
- Video Playback
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with Xiaomi Mi A1 only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
Guide How to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Android Devices (Rooted Phones)
- How to Backup Important Data Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Redmi Mi A1 by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for Xiaomi Mi A1 on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Check Popular Posts:
- Download Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM for Mi A1
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1
- First, download the ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Xiaomi Mi A1 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
- After the transferring completes, boot your device into the Recovery Mode. Here you can find a detailed guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (Various ways).
Now, follow the given guide to install Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while flashing the Android 8.1 LineageOS 15.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Mi A1.