The long awaited, Android Oreo Update is now available to download for the T-Mobile LG G5 users in the US. If you are any other region and have not yet received the OTA notification then you can still update your device. In this guide, we’ll let you know that how to download and install T-Mobile LG G5 Android Oreo update (H830).
Many smartphone manufacturers are pushing out the latest Android Pie for their devices. Recently, OnePlus 6 received Android Pie and we expect that the new Android Pie will be available for the LG G5. But today, LG is pushing a new update for the T-Mobile LG G5 users in the U.S as several manufacturers are still focusing on releasing Android Oreo. LG announced the LG G5 in 2016 that came with Android Marshmallow out-of-the-box and released Nougat for this device in November 2016. Now, after almost two years of patience, users can finally enjoy Android Oreo on T-Mobile LG G5.
As we have mentioned above, the update is rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) and will reach soon all over the world in a few days. But, if you can’t wait, then you can manually install Android Oreo update on T-Mobile LG G5 (H830) using LG UP + Uppercut tool or TWRP recovery. Follow the given guide and you can use these two methods.
T-Mobile LG G5 Android Oreo Update – Changes / New Features
Check out some of the highlighted features of Android Oreo before proceeding to install T-Mobile LG G5 Android Oreo update. As you know that this firmware update is based on the Android Oreo, it brings all the standard features including Picture-in-Picture mode, Smart Text Selection, Autofill Framework, and much more. After upgrading your LG G5, you can enjoy a faster software experience with improved performance as well as August 2018 security patches.
If you are from the certain (US) region then check for the OTA notification before you install T-Mobile LG G5 Android Oreo update using following instructions. Navigate to the “Settings” -> “General” -> “About phone” -> “Software info”.
- Make a complete backup of all your existing data before going ahead to the installation guide. We recommend you to perform a full backup using our guide on how to backup Android devices.
- Please note that the firmware file and instructions in this guide are working with LG G5 (model: H830) on the T-Mobile carrier only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid expected shutdowns during the installation process.
- Now, download and Install LG USB drivers on your computer.
- Install LG UP tool on the PC.
- Download the latest version of TWRP Recovery from here and install TWRP Recovery using the following guide.
T-Mobile LG G5 Android Oreo (Download)
TWRP-Flashable zip: LG-H83030c.ARB01.TMO.US.COMPLETE.FLASHABLE.zip
How to Install T-Mobile LG G5 Android Oreo Update
You can download the official Oreo KDZ and a TWRP flashable package from the above-given links. The method 1 is better for those who want to stay stock and upgrade. For those who want to roll down to the root-lane should opt for Method 2.
Method 1: Via LG UP + Uppercut Tool
1. Turn OFF the T-Mobile LG G5.
2. While holding the Volume Up button, connect the phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
3. Now, download Uppercut tool on your computer.
4. Unzip the downloaded Uppercut tool on the desktop of your computer.
5. Next, double-click on ‘UPPERCUT_22.214.171.124.exe’ to launch the LG UP tool via Uppercut.
6. Make sure that your phone is detected at the top in the LG UP tool window.
7. Click on the ‘BIN file’ box under ‘File Type’ and select the ‘H83030c_00_0813.kdz’ file.
8. Select ‘Upgrade’ option in the ‘Process’ menu.
9. Finally, click on the ‘Start’ button to install T-Mobile LG G5 Android Oreo update.
The installation process will initiate and will take a few minutes to complete. Once the process completes successfully, your LG G5 will reboot automatically into the updated Oreo OS.
Method 2: Via TWRP Recovery
1. First, download the Android Oreo Flashable package from the above link on your computer for LG G5.
2. Also, download Magisk 17.2 installer zip.
3. Now, connect your LG G5 to the computer using its USB data cable.
4. Move the downloaded files to the phone’s storage or SD card.
5. Disconnect your device and turn it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
6. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power button at the same time to boot into TWRP recovery mode.
7. While your phone is in TWRP, navigate to ‘Install’ and select the ‘LG-H83030c.ARB01.TMO.US.COMPLETE.FLASHABLE.zip’ file.
8. Next, install T-Mobile LG G5 Android Oreo update by swiping the button on the screen.
9. After the installation process completes, install the ‘Magisk-v17.2.zip’ file in the same manner.
10. Finally, press the ‘Reboot system’ button.
Done! Your T-Mobile LG G5 is now running on the Android Oreo update. These were the easy steps to manually install T-Mobile LG G5 Android Oreo update. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or trouble while updating LG G5 to Android Oreo.