Lineage OS 14.1 is arrived for your Sony Xperia Z5 Compact via an unofficial build. If you are not happy with your old firmware and looking for the latest Android 7.1 Nougat OS then you are at the right place. The Lineage OS 14.1 team build the latest custom ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat for your Xperia Z5 Compact. Now you can test the sweetness of Nougat at your own smartphone. This latest custom ROM is stable build and you can be used as a daily driver without any problem. The Lineage OS 14.1 comes with many new features as well Android Nougat and Lineage OS features. This ROM is not officially announced by Sony but just a custom ROM which is developed by XDA member nzzane. The Lineage OS 14.1 is an unofficial build, so you may experience some minor issues on your Sony Xperia Z5 Compact after installing it. Make sure that your device is rooted and the latest version of a custom recovery like (ClockworkMod recovery / TWRP recovery) already installed on your Xperia Z5 Compact in order to flash the Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM.
By following this simple step by step guide, you can install this latest Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM on your Xperia Z5 Compact. This amazing ROM brings tons of new features like multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, App Shortcuts, Customization Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned and much more. Before proceeding don’t forgot to take full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in updating Sony Xperia Z5 Compact to Android 7.1 Nougat via unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM.
This guide containing Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM is working with Sony Xperia Z5 Compact only. Verify device model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Sony Xperia Z5 Compact during or after the installation of this Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM. You will lose the warranty of your device by flashing this software. Proceed at your risk.
- Take a complete backup of all your data and setting on your phone like contacts, call logs, SMS, MMS, internet settings, installed apps, photos and audio/videos files, etc.
- Turn OFF the Antivirus and other security features from your computer to avoid unexpected issues while downloading the firmware and installation.
- Download and install Sony Xperia Z5 Compact USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your Xperia Z5 Compact by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- (Note: – Go to Settings – About Phone and tap on Built Number for a few times to enable Developer Options)
- The battery level of your Xperia Z5 Compact should be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- The Xperia Z5 Compact device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery pre-installed.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1Android 7.1 ROM for Xperia Z5 Compact
- Download Google Apps for Android 7.1 Nougat
Steps to Update Sony Xperia Z5 Compact to Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM:
Step No 1: – First, download the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM from the above links on the desktop of your PC. (Do not extract)
Step No 2: – Now connect your Xperia Z5 Compact to PC using its USB data cable and mount the Memory Storage of the phone.
Step No 3: – Copy/paste the Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM .zip file to the root folder of your SD Card on the phone.
Step No 4: – Disconnect the device from the PC and boot into Recovery Mode [How To?].
Step No 5: – While your device is now recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
Note:- Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loops and issues related to ROM while installation.
Step No 6: – Next, navigate to the main menu of Recovery and choose install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card. Find the ROM .zip file that you’ve already transferred to the SD Card of your phone in Step No 3. Just select it and confirm the installation of Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat ROMfile to begin.
Step No 7: – Install Google Apps Package by repeating the above steps on your Xperia Z5 Compact.
Step No 8: – After flashing the ROM on the phone successfully, reboot it by selecting reboot system now.
Your device may take some time to boot for the first time after the installation. So be patient and wait for the process to be completed.
That’s All! You’ve successfully installed the Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Xperia Z5 Compact.