How To Update OnePlus 3 and 3T To OxygenOS 4.0.2 Official Firmware
OnePlus has announced another OxygenOS official update for its flagship OnePlus 3 and 3T Smartphones. The latest update bearing version number 4.0.2. The 4.0.2 update is still based on Android 7.0 which is an incremental update. This latest official update comes with many features like a new design for notifications and settings menu, multi-window view, status bar icon options and much more. The update comes with January 2017 security patch and bug fixes and increases the stability of your OnePlus 3 and 3T. One of the major problems in the last update was Google Play Store download that is now fixed in this update.
Users have already received the update notification for OnePlus updates and now OxygenOS 4.0.2 OTA update is available for OnePlus 3 and 3T through OTA (over-the-air). So not all users can get the update at the same time. If this update has not yet reached in your region and you can’t hold your excitement to try hands on the new features that the update is offering, then install it manually by following this step by step guide.
Oxygen OS 4.0.2 Official Firmware Features:
- Upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat
- New Notifications Design
- New Settings Menu Design
- Multi-Window View
- Notification Direct Reply
- Custom DPI Support
- Added Status Bar Icon options
- Improved Shelf Customization
- Updated APN Settings for select Carriers
- Fixed Proximity Sensor bug during calls
- Fixed Google Play Store download bug
- Increased System Stability
This guide containing the Oxygen OS 4.0.2 update can be used for the OnePlus 3 and 3T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 3 and 3T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 3 and 3T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to update OnePlus 3 and 3T to Oxygen OS 4.0.2 Official Firmware Android 7.0 Nougat:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Oxygen OS 4.0.2 official firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 3 and 3T with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
Step No 9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 4.0.2 update on OnePlus 3 and 3T.