Update OnePlus 3 and 3T To Official Update Oxygen OS 4.1.0 Android 7.1.1 Nougat
OnePlus has started rolling out the official update Oxygen OS version 4.1.0 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. This is a huge update because it brings the official Android 7.1.1 Nougat features and many changes. The official Oxygen OS 4.1.0 is very stable, fast and can be smoothly run on your OnePlus 3/3T without any problems. This latest update comes with lots of new features along with March 2017 security patch. Also, this new firmware brings many changes and customizations like camera improvements, improved video stability, improved WiFi connectivity, improved Bluetooth connectivity and much more. OnePlus has pushed out the latest update via OTA (Over–the–Air), so not all users can get the official Oxygen OS 4.1.0 update at the same time. If the update has not yet reached in your region then still you can install it manually by following this step by step guide.
We always strongly recommend to keep updated your Android devices to the latest official update released by OnePlus. This latest update comes with the regular bug fixes like hangs, screen freeze, battery drain, signal strength problems, loops, lags, bugs and much more. If you are interested in installing the official Oxygen OS 4.1.0 update Android 7.1.1 Nougat to OnePlus 3 / 3T then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Oxygen OS 4.1.0 Official Firmware Features:
- Upgraded Android 7.1.1
- Updated Google security patch to 1st March 2017
- Added expanded screenshots
- Improved picture taking of moving objects with blur reduction
- Improved video stability when recording
- Improved WiFi connectivity
- Improved Bluetooth connectivity
- General bug fixes
This guide containing the Oxygen OS 4.1.0 update can be used for the OnePlus 3 and 3T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 3 and 3T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 3 and 3T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Download OxygenOS 4.1.0 For OnePlus 3
Download OxygenOS 4.1.0 For OnePlus 3T
Download OxygenOS 4.1.1 for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T
Steps to update OnePlus 3 and 3T to Oxygen OS 4.1.0 Official Firmware Android 7.1.1 Nougat:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Oxygen OS 4.1.0 official firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 3 and 3T with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
Step No 9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 4.1.0 update on OnePlus 3 and 3T.