The latest Android 7.0 Nougat is available for Nexus 9 Wi-Fi devices but as you know that the official firmware update is rolling out in stages. So if you have not yet received the OTA notification and can’t wait for the update available in your area, then you can still manually update your phone to Android 7.0 Nougat upgrade by following the given step-by-step guide. Android 7.0 Nougat comes with various new features and functions that will differently improve the performance of your Android and can the taste the latest Android OS experience.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the Google Nexus 9 Wi-Fi model. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 9 LTE during or after the installation of Android 7.0 Nougat. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Nexus 9, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Nexus 9 Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Nexus 9 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- This official Android 7.0 update cannot be flashed over rooted firmware nor over any custom ROMs.
- Do not install NRD90M Nougat OS over any older Marshmallow firmware than the MOB30W version
- You need to install the Android 7.0 NRD90M firmware over the latest Marshmallow 6.0.1 MOB30W software version only.
- If the Nexus 9 will no longer belong to a rooted version once the stock firmware installed.
- Your device has to be running 100% stock Android firmware.
- Check the battery level of your Nexus 9, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Google Nexus 9 Wi-Fi:
Step No 1:- First, download Android 7.0 Nougat file from the above link on the desktop of your computer.
Step No 2:- Rename downloaded file to update.zip.
Step No 3:- Transfer the update.zip file to platform-tools folder.
Step No 4:- Power OFF the Nexus 9 in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Power ON the phone by pressing and holding Power + Volume UP + Home buttons on your Nexus 9 at the same time.
Step No 5:- Choose the apply update from adb option.
Step No 6:- Connect your Nexus 9 to PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 7:- Launch a command prompt within the platform-tools folder.
Step No 8:- Type the following command and hit Enter:
adb sideload update.zip
Step No 9:- Confirm to begin the flashing process of Android 7.0 on Nexus 9.
Step No 10:- Once done, reboot your phone in normal mode.
That’s All! You have successfully installed the Android 7.0 update on your Nexus 9 WiFi tablet.