Update Nexus 7 (2013) to Android 5.1.1 Validus Lollipop Custom ROM: The latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is now available for the Nexus 7 (2013) using the Validus custom ROM. This ROM brings great customizations as well as a set of features that you can’t find on any other OEM firmware version such as LCD Density Changer, Long Press Back and AdBlocker etc. Android 5.1.1 Validus Lollipop custom ROM has been tested by many people and according to them, its a very stable ROM with amazing performance and can be considered one of the great ROM for Nexus 7 (2013) devices.
If you have a Nexus 7 tablet and want to get this awesome custom ROM based on the latest Android OS version then go ahead and follow the given guide to install Android 5.1.1 Validus Lollipop custom firmware. Keep in mind that this ROM is not officially released ASUS, thus you’ll be required to have a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM to install the ROM and Gapps zipped files on your device. Before going ahead, check out some of the highlighted features of Validus custom ROM based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Android 5.1.1 Validus Lollipop ROM Features:
- Nav bar tweaks (on/off toggle and custom dimensions)
- Animated rotation tile
- Wake up on plug
- Notification ticker
- Answer calls with hardware home button
- Status bar clock tweaks (right, center or hide clock with many dates formats to show. Custom colors included)
- Notifications counter
- Lockscreen Shortcuts
- LCD Density
- System Animations
- Network Traffic
- Dark MMS (WIP)
- Material Dark
- Volume keys wake the device
- Embedded SuperSU
- Clear all button in recent panel with custom option (hide, top right or top left)
- Quick settings pull down with one finger (right, left or off)
- Smart pull down
- Configurable 0, 90, 180 and 270 degree rotation
- Brightness control through status bar
- Double tap status bar sleep
- Battery lights
- Advanced reboot menu
- Screen shot quick delete with confirmation
- Long press back to kill
- Less frequent notifications sound
- CM’s Eleven Music App and AudioFX
- Ad Blocker app bundle
This guide containing Validus custom ROM featuring Android 5.1.1 Lollipop can be used for the ASUS Nexus 7 (2013) model only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 7 during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 Validus custom ROM. The warranty of your tablet will be voided when you install this custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Download and install Nexus 7 2013 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- The bootloader of your tablet should be unlocked.
- Your Nexus 7 should be rooted and the latest version of a custom recovery should be installed on it.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device should be charged at least about 80%.
Steps to Flash Android 5.1.1 Validus Lollipop on Nexus 7 (2013)
1:- First, download Android 5.1.1 Validu Lollipop custom ROM (Validus-LP-v8.0-2015-09-02-validus_flo.zip) on the desktop of your PC for Nexus 7 2013.
2:- Plug your Nexus device to the PC using USB data cable and mount its USB Mass Storage.
3:- Transfer the Android 5.1.1 Validus Lollipop ROM .zip file that you have already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of internal memory of your device.
4:- Now, disconnect the tablet from the PC and turn it OFF in order to boot into Bootloader Mode.
5:- Next, turn it ON while pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds. Select Bootloader by following the on-screen instructions and finally select the Recovery Mode.
6:- While your Nexus 7 tablet is in CWM Recovery, perform full data wipe by selecting Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- Please keep in mind that Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors related to boot ROM while installing the firmware.
7:- Go back to the main recovery menu and select Install Zip from SDcard > Choose Zip from SDcard.
8:- Navigate to Android 5.1.1 Validus Lollipop ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the root folder of internal memory earlier and confirm the ROM installation process to start.
8:- Install Google Apps Package by repeating the same procedure.
9:- After the ROM and Google Apps installation completes, navigate to “+++++Go Back+++++” and from the Recovery Menu, choose Reboot System Now.
Your Nexus 7 2013 will be rebooted and it will take about 4 to 5 min to boot up for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve updated Nexus 7 2013 to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update using Validus custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments section below if you are facing any issue or have queries while updating your Nexus tablet to this latest Validus custom ROM.