Update Nexus 7 2012 (3G) to Android 5.1 Lollipop build LMY47D OTA via ADB Sideload
We’ve some great news for the Nexus 7 2012 (3G) owners that the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA update has been rolled by Google for Nexus 7 2012 devices. The build version of this OTA update is LMY47D that released just after the factory image roll-out recently. You can check your Nexus 7 for the update notification but the Lollipop update is rolling out in a phased manner, so many users might not have received the OTA update notification yet on their devices depending upon the country.
But if you can’t access the update via Google’s servers or have missed the OTA notification then don’t worry you can still manually install Android 5.1 build LMY47D Lollipop OTA update on Nexus 7 2012 (3G) by following the given step by step guide. Keep in mind that this is a stock Android 5.1 (Google) build LMY47D, not a leaked firmware. Ready to get this latest OS version on your Nexus 7? Go ahead and follow the given guide carefully.
This guide containing the Android 5.1 Lollipop build LMY47D OTA firmware file and instructions are only meant to the Nexus 7 2012 (3G) devices. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant, or your device might get bricked.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 7 2012 (3G) during or after the installation of Android 5.1 Lollipop build LMY47D OTA update manually. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- The Nexus 7 2012 should be running Android 5.0 LRX21O or LRX22C Lollipop stock firmware.
- The bootloader of your Nexus tablet should be unlocked.
- Download and install Nexus 7 2012 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- If you are upgrading the Nexus 7 that has already Android Lollipop installed then make sure to check Enable OEMunlock option.
- Download Android SDK from the Android Development site and configure it correctly. [How to]
- Make sure that the battery level of your device should be charged at least about 80%.
- Download Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA Update for Nexus 7 2012 3G (nakasig LMY47D from LRX22C)
Steps to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA Update on Nexus 7 2012 3G:
Step No 1:- First download the Android 5.1 OTA file on your PC from the above link.
Step No 2:- Move the OTA file to the Platform-Tools directory.
The adb and fastboot files are located in the Paltform-Tools directory.
Step No 3:- Connect your Nexus 7 to the PC using its USB data cable, then type and enter the following command to verify that the device is connected properly to the PC with the device’s serial number.
Step No 4:- Turn OFF the Nexus 7 to boot into Bootloader mode or Recovery mode.
Step No 5:- Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Power and Volume Down buttons at the same time or type and enter this command to boot into Bootloader / Recovery Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Press the Volume Down buttons twice until you have scrolled to Recovery mode.
- Press the Power button to select it.
- Hold the Power button and press the Volume Up button to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6: While the Nexus 7 2012 is in Android system recovery, highlight apply update from ADB using the Volume Down key and then select is with the Power key.
Step No 7:- Next, enter the following command:
adb sideload [OTA File].zip
Step No 8:- The progress of transferring the update to your Nexus 7 will be shown in command prompt. The phone will be automatically rebooted and boot to normal mode after the update is completed.
That’s All! You’ve successfully updated Nexus 7 2012 (3G) to the latest Android 5.1 LMY47D stock firmware manually.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any trouble or question regarding the above instructions to install Android 5.1 LMY47D stock firmware on Nexus 7.