Google has already released the latest Android 8.0 Oreo factory images officially and available now for various devices like Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 5X and 6P. Here in this guide, we’ll let you know that how to update your Nexus 6P to the new Android 8.0 Oreo factory image. The new Android OS version brings a lot of amazing features and you’ll notice a brilliant change after updating. Some of the main features of 8.0 Oreo are included, the picture-in-picture mode and the revamped Notifications. Keep in mind that the bootloader of your Nexus 6P should be unlocked because it is not possible to flash a factory image with a locked bootloader.
If you are interested in installing Android 8.0 Oreo factory image on Google Nexus 6P then go ahead and follow the given guide. Your phone would be reverted to factory settings like a brand new phone as this image has a wipe script with it and will completely wipe all your data. So it is important to make a proper backup of all your existing data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide.
Please note that the factory image in this guide is working only with Nexus 6P devices. Do not try to install it on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be blamed in case you brick the phone nor in case you lose any data files. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of your existing data.
- Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options.
if the Developer Options menu is hidden, then you have to unhide it: go to Settings> About Phone and here you need to tap seven times on the Firmware Build Number text. Go back to Settings, as Developer Options menu should now be listed there. Find USB Debugging and enable it.
- Also, enable the OEM Unlock option.
- The bootloader should be unlocked.
- The battery level of your Nexus 5 should be at least about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns.
SETUP Android ADB and Fastboot Drivers (Platform-Tools) on PC:
Download the Platform-Tools and ADB drivers setup as these drivers will allow you to connect your phone with PC as without these drivers, it’s not possible to install the Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image.
- Download the Platform-tools zip using the following links below:
– for Windows computers click here. [Mirror] – for Mac OS click here. [Mirror] – for Linux click here. [Mirror]
- Simply, unzip the downloaded files from the above links and save the Platform-tools directory on the desktop of your PC.
- Leave the newly created directory or folder open.
- Download and install the Google USB Drivers on your PC.
How to Install Android 8.0 OPR6 Oreo on Nexus 6P with Official Factory Image
Step 1: First, download Android 8.0 Factory Image from this link.
Step 2: Now, unzip the downloaded Android 8.0 Factory Image files and copy/paste them all to Platform-Tools. Please do not extract the files any further.
Step 3: Power off the Nexus 6P.
Step 4: Boot the Nexus 6P in Bootloader Mode.
- Turn off your Nexus 6P completely.
- Press and hold Volume Down+Power buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the Fastboot Mode menu loads.
- The main Fastboot Mode options will appear and you can apply any action you need to.
Step 5: Navigate to Platform-Tools directory and open a Command Prompt within the folder.
Step 6: Connect the Nexus 6P with your PC using its USB data cable. If your drivers are correctly installed then your phone will be detected by the computer.
Step 7: You will need to unlock the bootloader and then type the given command in the command prompt.
fastboot flashing unlock
Step 8: Go to Platform-Tools directory once again and find the Flash-all.bat script. Launch it.
If you are using OS other than Windows, then run the Flash-all.sh script.
Step 9: Begin the process to flash-all.bat Android 8.0 flashing. Wait for the installation to be successfully finished.
Step 10: Once the installation is finished, you will see a confirmation message.
Step 11: Finally, unplug your phone from PC and boot it in normal mode. Your device might take about 4 to 5 minutes while booting for the first time after installation.
Done! You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo Factory Image on Nexus 6P.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question regarding the above guide.