Resurrection Remix custom ROM brings the latest Android OS version 5.1 Lollipop for the LG’s flagship handset Nexus 5 (hammerhead). This Resurrection Remix custom build is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop that comes with a lot of new custom features. Basically, Resurrection Remix is based over CyanogenMod 12 and is the combination of best features taken from the most popular custom ROMs. Many users have tested this ROM and found it very smooth, fast and stable. No doubt that official firmwares are better but you’ll love to taste the new features and various system tweaks that you can’t find in stock builds.
So if you have decided to update your Nexus 5 to Android 5.1 Lollipop based Resurrection Remix ROM then we’ve a detailed guide given below, just follow the given instructions carefully to update your phone. Keep in mind that this is a custom ROM which is developed by the third-party developers, not officially released by Google or LG, thus you’ll require to have a custom recovery such as TWRP or CWM in order to flash the Resurrection Remix and GApps zipped files. Check out a quick list of the main features in Resurrection Remix:
Resurrection Remix ROM (Android 5.1 Lollipop) Features:
- Navigation Bar
- Enable/Disable Navbar
- Navbar Ring Switch
- Navbar Ring Targets
- Navbar Button Customization
- Navbar Dimensions(Potrait & Landscape)
- Status bar
- Brightness Slider
- Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
- SuperUser Indicator Switch
- Carrier Label
- Carrier Label Switch
- Carrier label Colour
- Quick PullDown Switch
- Smart Pulldown Switch
- Clock Customizations
- Time & date
- Clock Color
- Day & date Toggle
- Center Clock/Right Clock Choice
- Battery Bar customization
- Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Portrait and more)
- Battery % Text
- Network Traffic Indicator
- Theme Chooser
- RR exclusive PITCH BLACK THEME
- Toast Animations
- List-view Animations
- System Animations
- Gestures Anywhere Feature
- App Circle Bar
- Choose apps in App circle
- Trigger Width
- Trigger Height
- Trigger Position
- Recent Panel
- Clear All button Switch
- Clear All Tasks Switch
- Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
- Cclock Widget
- CLock And Alarm Customizations
- Weather Panel Customizations
- Calender Events
- Lock-screen Shortcuts
- Choose up-to 5 Shortcuts
- 100+ Icons for Shortcuts
- Quick Slider Shortcuts
- Notification Drawer
- Weather Display Switch
- Quick Settings
- Choice to Add 20+ Tiles
- Enable 2/3/4 Tiles per Row
- Enable Disable Brightness Slider in Notification Panel
- Advanced Location Settings Switch(Choose Battery saving/Device Only/High Accuracy Directly in Notification Panel)
- LongPress Toggles to Enter Settings
- Backlight Timer
- Backlight Strength
- Navigation Bar left/Right handed mode Switch
- Power Menu
- Power Menu End Calls Switch
- Home Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Home Button Wake Up
- Home Button answer call
- Long Press Actions
- Double Tap Actions
- Back Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Wake Up device Switch
- Menu Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Wake Up Device Switch
- Short Press Actions
- Long Press Actions
- Search Button(For devices with HW keys Only)
- Wake Up Device
- Short Press Action
- Long Press Action
- Volume Buttons
- Wake Up Device
- Playback Control
- Keyboard Cursor Control
- Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
- Performance Profiles
- LCD Density
- Expanded Desktop Mode
- All New CM Audio FX App
- Heads Up Customizations
- Over All Smoothness Improvements
- Quick Unlock
- Optimizations to Improve Battery
- ALL cm12 Features
This tutorial containing the Android 5.1 Resurrection Remix Lollipop custom firmware and instructions can be used only for the Nexus 5 (HammerHead). Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant, as a result the device might get bricked. Check the model number of your device first, before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your LG Nexus 5 during or after the installation of Android 5.1 Resurrection Remix ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your important data and settings using a recommended custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
- Download and install LG Nexus 5 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on the LG Nexus 5 on the PC by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check USB Debugging option.
- The Nexus 5 should be rooted with the latest version of custom recovery installed.
- The bootloader of your Nexus 5 should be unlocked.
- Check the battery level of your device, it should be charged at least about 80% to prevent unexpected shutdowns while installing the Resurrection Remix custom ROM.
Steps to Install Android 5.1 Lollipop on LG Nexus 5 via Resurrection Remix custom ROM:
Step No 1:- First, download Android 5.1 Resurrection Remix Lollipop (Resurrection_Remix_LP_v5.4.0-20150330-hammerhead.zip) for Nexus 5 on the desktop of the PC.
Step No 2:- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage
Step No 3:- Transfer the Android 5.1 ROM and Google Apps zipped files that you’ve already downloaded from the above links, to the root of internal SD card.
Step No 4:- Unplug the Nexus 5 and turn it OFF to boot into Bootloader Mode.
Step No 5:- Turn the phone ON while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys at the same time.
Step No 6:- Choose BOOTLOADER by following the on-screen instructions and then select RECOVERY.
Step No 7:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
Step No 8:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 9:- Navigate to the Android 5.1 Resurrection Remix Lollipop custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 10:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Done! You’ve successfully update the Nexus 5 to Android 5.1 Resurrection Remix Lollipop custom ROM.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question regarding the above step by step guide to install Resurrection Remix featuring Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM on your Nexus 5.