In this guide, we’ll help you to flash Android 7.1.2 Nougat based LineageOS 14.1 custom firmware for Motorola Moto Z Play. So if you need a well customized Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Motorola Moto Z Play then proceed to the given guide. As this custom ROM is still in its developmental stages, you may face some minor bugs or not functioning features but still, you can enjoy the amazing Android 7.1.2 Nougat features on your device. Go ahead and follow the given guide to Update Moto Z Play to Android 7.1.2 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM.
Let’s talk about the hardware specification of Motorola Moto Z Play. Motorola launched Moto Z Play back in 2016. The phone came with a 5.5 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen display and 1080 x 1920 pixels of screen resolution. Moto Z Play has a Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection display. This device comes with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 Octa-core SoC and 3GB of RAM. The internal memory of Moto Z Play is 32GB. Motorola Moto Z Play features 16MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. The smartphone packed with a non-removable Li-Ion 3510 mAh battery and running on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box.
All you need to have the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP already installed on your Moto Z Play to flash the ROM. Here we’ll use TWRP custom recovery to flash the Android 7.1.2 Nougat LineageOS 14.1 and Gapps package. We highly recommend creating a full backup of all your existing and important data before proceeding to the installation guide. As, while installing this Android 7.1.2 Nougat-based custom ROM, all the data will be wiped clean – like a brand new phone. Below we have mentioned making a full backup for rooted and non-rooted phones.
Android 7.1.2 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM Features:
Check out some of the highlighted features of Android 7.1.2 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM:
This latest LineageOS 14.1 custom ROM brings a lot of awesome and new features and is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
- Multi-Window Multitasking
- Better Notification Management
- Faster device with better Battery Optimization
- Human Emoji
- Improved Security
- Instant App and much more.
Please note that this guide containing the download links and instructions are working with Moto Z Play only. Do not try to flash this custom firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
Guide How to Create & Restore Nandroid Backup on Android Devices (Rooted Phones)
- How to Backup Important Data Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Motorola Redmi Moto Z Play by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for Moto Z Play on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- LineageOS 14.1 ROM For Motorola Moto Z Play [Filename: lineage-14.1-20181010-nightly-addison-signed.zip]
- Google Apps [Filename: open_gapps-arm-7.1-micro-20161125.zip]
Steps to Install Android 7.1.2 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM on Moto Z Play
- First, download the ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Moto Z Play to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
- After the transferring completes, boot your device into the Recovery Mode. Here you can find a detailed guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (Various ways).
Now, follow the given guide to install Android 7.1.2 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 7.1.2 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM on Moto Z Play.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while flashing the Android 7.1.2 LineageOS 14.1 Nougat ROM on Motorola Redmi Moto Z Play.