If you are the owner of the LG K10 and want to feel the experience of Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on your device then you are at right place. Recently XDA Senior member pvineeth97 released the initial build of Lineage OS 15 custom ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. All thanks to the Lineage OS 15 team to build this amazing custom firmware for LG K10. The Lineage OS is the new form of Cyanogen Mod which was the most popular and used Android Custom ROM. This latest custom firmware comes with all the Android 8.0 Oreo features, changes and customizations like split-screen mode, Picture in Picture mode, better battery optimization and much more. Remember that this ROM is not officially announced by LG / Google but just a custom ROM which is developed by third party developers. Your LG K10 should be rooted & have the latest version of a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM already installed to flash the Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily update your LG K10 to Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM. The ROM is currently in testing mode so you may face some bugs but don’t worry they will be fixed in final update. The Lineage OS 15 ROM brings tons of new features and improvements. According to the developers you can use this ROM as a daily driver. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM on your LG K10 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Lineage OS 15 Android 8.0 Oreo Custom ROM is working with the LG K10. Do not try to install this ROM on any other device, or your device might get bricked.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your LG K10 during or after the installation of Lineage OS 15 ROM. Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make sure that the battery level of your LG K10is at least about 80% before moving to the installation guide.
- Download and install proper USB Drivers for the LG K10 on PC.
- It is highly recommended to take a proper backup of your important data and settings on the phone using a custom recovery such as CWM or TWRP. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on One Plus One from Settings > Developer Options.
Hint: you can enable Developer Options on LG K10 by tapping repeatedly, for 7 or 10 times, on Built Number – while tapping on this field you will get the ‘you are a developer’ message.
- Your phone should be rooted with the latest version of CWM or TWRP recovery installed.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked.
How To: Install Android 8.0 Oreo on LG K10 via Lineage OS 15.0 custom ROM
Step 1: Download the Lineage OS package based Android 8.0 Oreo build and Google Apps package for your LG K10 from the above links on the desktop of your PC.
Step 2: Turn OFF your LG K10 in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Note: Wait while this shut down process is completed.
Step 3: Now, reboot recovery mode on your LG K10 by following the given steps.
- Powering OFF your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key.
- While pressing the Volume Down key press and hold the Power button.
- Keep pressing these keys until the LG Logo is displayed.
- Release the Power button for a moment and then press it again.
- Keep pressing these buttons until the recovery mode is displayed on your LG K10.
Step 4: Once the device is boot into Recovery Mode, initiate a wipe from Recovery Menu by selecing “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 5: Reboot your phone into Android mode.
Step 6: Connect your LG K10 with your computer use the USB cord.
Step 7: Transfer the downloaded firmware and Google Apps zipped files into the root folder of your SDcard of your phone.
Step 8: Remove the USB data cable and navigate to Recovery Mode again.
Step 9: Tap on Install and load the Android 8.0 Oreo firmware file and swipe in order to begin the flashing process.
Step 10: Finally, install Google Apps package by repeating the last step.
Step 11: Once the installation is finished successfully, from recovery choose ‘reboot system now’.
Done! You have successfully installed the latest Android 8.0 Oreo LineageOS 15.0 Custom ROM on your LG K10.
Tell us in the comments section below if you are facing any issues or have queries while following the above guide.