Good News for all Huawei Y550 owners because Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now available for your device via Resurrection Remix custom ROM. The Resurrection Remix ROM is one of the best third-party custom ROMs which is available for Huawei Y550. Now you can test the latest Android Nougat OS experience on your device before the official stock update released. If you are the fan of custom ROMs, you must install this amazing Resurrection Remix custom ROM based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. This custom firmware comes with many handpicked features from Lineage, CM, AOKP, etc and also includes gestures feature which you can use to get things done easily. The Resurrection Remix ROM is stable, smooth and runs fast on your device and you can use it as a daily driver. The Resurrection Remix custom ROM is not officially announced by Huawei but just a custom ROM. Your phone must be rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod) to flash this Resurrection Remix custom ROM on Huawei Y550.
By following this simple step by step guide, you can easily and quickly update your Huawei Y550 to Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM. This latest custom firmware packed with best of performance, customization, power and the newest features on your device. Also, the Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM brings all the official Nougat features and customizations. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing the Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on your own Huawei Y550 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
The Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Huawei Y550. Check the model number of your Huawei Y550 from Settings > About Phone.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Huawei Y550 USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Huawei Y550 should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- Enable USB Debugging by navigating to Menu –> Settings –> Developer Options
- Make sure that the battery level of the Huawei Y550 is at least above 80% before going ahead.
- Download Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Huawei Y550 with Resurrection Remix custom ROM:
Step 1: Download the Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM package and Google Apps on the desktop of your PC for your Huawei Y550.
Step 2: Once the files are downloaded, connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable (your phone must be turned on).
Step 3: Copy/Paste the downloaded firmware and Google Apps files from your PC to the root folder of SDcard of your Huawei Y550. When done, unplug the USB cord.
Step 4: Turn OFF your Huawei Y550 to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: You can easy reboot recovery mode on your device using the QuickBoot app (For Rooted Devices) or using ADB method. If your phone is rooted then follow the given steps.
- Go to Google Play store and download a tool on your device.
- Search for the Quick Boot tool.
- Install the tool on your phone/tablet.
- Run the same.
- From the menu that will be displayed (Recovery, Reboot, Bootloader and Power Off) select “recovery”.
- Now your handset will be rebooted into recovery mode, so that’s it.
Step 6: While the Y550 is now in recovery mode, perform a “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 7: Go back to main recovery menu once the wipe is completed.
Step 8: Now, select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”. Locate the firmware file that you have already transferred to the root folder of your SDcard. Select it and start the installation process.
Step 9: Finally, install Google Apps by repeating the above step.
Step 10: Wait for the installation process to be completed successfully. Your phone will take about 4-5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Step 11: Once the flashing process is finished, go to recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s All, you have successfully installed the Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.2 Nougat ROM on your Huawei Y550.