XenonHD team have released the latest custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Huawei Honor 5X. Now Honor 5X users can test the latest Android OS on their own devices. If you want to customize, optimize and get more features on your Huawei Honor 5X then the only way is to install a custom ROM. Today, we share the XenonHD custom ROM which is liked by a huge amount of Android community members. The official stock firmware is always better but custom ROMs gave them many new features and lots of system tweaks through that you can customize and play with your device. This latest custom firmware brings many features like Google Pixel’s UI, navigation bar, wallpaper, custom quick setting tiles and much more. Your phone must be rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod) to flash this XenonHD custom ROM on Huawei Honor 5X.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily update your Huawei Honor 5X to latest custom ROM XenonHD Android 7.1.1 Nougat. This ROM is not officially announced by Huawei but just a custom ROM which is developed by third party developers. This latest update brings all the Android Nougat features and also some aftermarket features and customizations. Before proceeding, keep in mind to take a full backup of all your valuable data because while flashing this custom ROM your entire data will be wiped clean. If you are interested in updating your Huawei Honor 5X to XenonHD Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM then go ahead and follow the given steps.
The XenonHD Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Huawei Honor 5X. Check the model number of your Huawei Honor 5X from Settings > About Phone.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Huawei Honor 5X USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Huawei Honor 5X should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- Enable USB Debugging by navigating to Menu –> Settings –> Developer Options
- Make sure that the battery level of the Huawei Honor 5X is at least above 80% before going ahead.
- Download XenonHD Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Update Huawei Honor 5X to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with XenonHD custom ROM:
Step 1: Download the XenonHD Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM package and Google Apps on the desktop of your PC for your Huawei Honor 5X.
Step 2: Once the files are downloaded, connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable (your phone must be turned on).
Step 3: Copy/Paste the downloaded firmware and Google Apps files from your PC to the root folder of SDcard of your Honor 5X. When done, unplug the USB cord.
Step 4: Turn OFF your Honor 5X to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: You can easy reboot recovery mode on your device using the QuickBoot app (For Rooted Devices) or using ADB method. If your phone is rooted then follow the given steps.
- Go to Google Play store and download a tool on your device.
- Search for the Quick Boot tool.
- Install the tool on your phone/tablet.
- Run the same.
- From the menu that will be displayed (Recovery, Reboot, Bootloader and Power Off) select “recovery”.
- Now your handset will be rebooted into recovery mode, so that’s it.
Step 6: While the Honor 5X is now in recovery mode, perform a “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 7: Go back to main recovery menu once the wipe is completed.
Step 8: Now, select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”. Locate the firmware file that you have already transferred to the root folder of your SDcard. Select it and start the installation process.
Step 9: Finally, install Google Apps by repeating the above step.
Step 10: Wait for the installation process to be completed successfully. Your phone will take about 4-5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Step 11: Once the flashing process is finished, go to recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s All, you have successfully installed the XenonHD Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on your Huawei Honor 5X.