Many users were waiting for the Android 7.0 Nougat Official update for the HTC One M9 because HTC has already announced Nougat update for HTC 10. Now, you’ll be glad to know that finally, HTC has announced the Nougat official update for HTC One M9. This latest update comes with firmware build no. 4.14.617.6 and based on Android 7.0 Nougat. HTC rolled out firmware updates in stages; not all user may get this update at the same time, so if the update is not yet available in your region then you can still install it manually on your phone using Odin app.
By following this step by step guide, you will update your HTC One M9 to Android 7.0 Nougat. This update packed with latest features of all Nougat like Seamless update, Doze, Multiwindow, New Messaging Apps, Improved Notifications and Vulkan API. Also, Android 7.0 Nougat brings the Sense UI 8, some interface changes, November’s security patch and much more. You can easily install this Nougat update on the unlocked version of HTC One M9. If you are interested in updating HTC One M9 to Android 7.0 Nougat, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the HTC One M9. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your HTC One M9 during or after the installation of Android 7.0 Nougat. Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your HTC One M9, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the HTC One M9 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your HTC One M9 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the HTC One M9 will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your HTC One M9, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat OTA Official Link
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat 4.14.617.6RUU.exe Link
- Download ODIN v3.10.7
How To Update HTC One M9 to Android 7.0 Nougat 4.14.617.6 OTA:
Method 1: OTA Method
Step No 1: First, download the HTC One M9 Nougat OTA firmware file from the above link on the desktop of your computer.download section and transfer it to your phone’s internal storage.
Step No 2: Next, copy/move the downloaded firmware file to the root folder of your phone’s internal storage.
Step No 3: Turn OFF the HTC One M9 to boot in Recovery mode.
Step No 4: Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Power + Volume down keys at the same time for a few seconds.
Step No 5: Use the volume keys to select option “Reboot to Bootloader,“ and press Power button to confirm.
Step No 6: Use the volume keys to select option “Boot to Recovery Mode“ in the next screen and press Power button to confirm.
Step No 7: While your device is in recovery mode, select “Apply updates from the Phone storage.” and locate the OTA Zip file. Select it.
Step No 8: The firmware flashing process will be initiated, wait until the installation is finished.
Step No 9: Reboot your HTC One M9, once the installation is completed successfully.
Method 2: RUU Firmware Installation
Step No 1: First, download the RUU executable file on the desktop of your computer from the above link.
Step No 2: Connect your HTC One M9 to the PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 3: Double-click on the HTC One M9 RUU.exe file on your PC.
Step No 4: A system update wizard will be displayed on your PC and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Step No 5: Once the installation is completed, the device will reboot automatically.
Done! You’ve successfully updated HTC One M9 to the latest Nougat update.