Google has released the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat Official OTA update for the Nexus 9 devices (WiFi & LTE). Now Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) variant can be upgraded to the latest Android OS. This latest update comes with build number NMF26F and is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The official update brings December security patch that fixes vulnerabilities ranging from savior to moderate, as well as it comes with exclusive features. Google rolled out Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update in a staggered manner, it may take some time to reach in your region. If you can’t wait till then, you can install it manually via “adb sideload”.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily install Android 7.1.1 Nougat official OTA update on your Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE). This latest update includes many new features like image keyboard support, new emojis, enhanced live wallpapers, Restart button, Notification Panel improvements, new Camera app and much more. The update comes with bug fixes and enhancements for Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE). If you are interested in installing Android 7.1.1 Nougat official OTA update on your Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE), then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the Google Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) model. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) during or after the installation of Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE), in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- This official Android 7.1.1 update cannot be flashed over rooted firmware nor over any custom ROMs.
- Do not install NMF26F Nougat OS over any older Marshmallow firmware than the MOB30W version
- You need to install the Android 7.1.1 NMF26F firmware.
- If the Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) will no longer belong to a rooted version once the stock firmware is installed.
- Your device has to be running 100% stock Android firmware.
- Check the battery level of your Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE), it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download the Android SDK from here
- Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nexus 9 LTE file from here.
- Download Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Nexus 9 WiFi file from here.
Steps to Install Android 7.1.1 Nougat on Google Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE):
Step No 1: – First, download Android 7.1.1 Nougat file from the above link on the desktop of your computer.
Step No 2: – Rename the downloaded file to update.zip.
Step No 3: – Transfer the update.zip file to platform-tools folder.
Step No 4: – Power OFF the Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) to boot into Recovery Mode.
Power ON the phone by pressing and holding Power + Volume UP + Home buttons on your Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) at the same time.
Step No 5: – Choose the apply update from ADB option.
Step No 6: – Connect your Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) to PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 7: – Launch a command prompt within the platform-tools folder.
Step No 8: – Type the following command and hit Enter:
adb sideload update.zip
9: – Confirm to begin the flashing process of Android 7.1.1 on Nexus 9 (WiFi & LTE).
Step No 10: – Once done, reboot your phone in normal mode.
That’s All! You have successfully installed the Android 7.1.1 update on yourNexus 9 (WiFi & LTE) Smartphone.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issue regarding the above installation tutorial.