Update Galaxy S6 G920F to Android 5.1.1 Tyrannus Lollipop Custom Firmware
Galaxy S6 G920F received another awesome custom ROM, Tyrannus ROM to experience the latest Lollipop experience. This ROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop which is heavily debloated and customized. I am sure that you’ll love its some great aftermarket features and being a Galaxy S6 G920F owner, you’ll be glad to know that this amazing Tyrannus ROM is zipaligned and rooted with SuperUser. Many users have tested this ROM and found it stable, fast and smooth as it came with stock kernel and all Samsung bloat removed and Google bloat removed. Custom ROMs are famous for a lot of features that you can’t find in a stock ROM for better performance and enhanced battery life.
So if you want to update your Galaxy S6 G920F Android 5.1.1 Lollipop using Tyrannus Lollipop Custom ROM then go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide. Do note that this is a custom ROM which is developed by the third-party developers, not officially released by Samsung. You’ll need a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM to install the Tyrannus ROM.
Check out some of the highlighted features of Android 5.1.1 Tyrannus Lollipop Custom ROM:
Tyrannus Custom ROM (Android 5.1.1 Lollipop) Features:
- Version And Date On Installation Script
- Auto Wipe Cache
- Auto Wipe Dalvik-Cache
- Auto Wipe System
- Full Deodexed
- Removed Bloatware Samsung
- Removed Bloatware Google
- Removed Bloatware Various
- Removed Completely Knox
- Rooted With SuperSU
- Fix SuperSu DeepSleep
- Fix PrivateMode
- Tweaks In Build.prop
- Better Responsiveness And Speed
- Disable Scrolling Cache For Faster Scrolling
- Wireless Tweaks
- Tether/Hotspot Tweak
- Better Signal Reception
- Better Call Voice Quality
- Increase JPG Quality To 100%
- Smoother Video Streaming And Tweak Media
- Video Acceleration Enabled And HW debugging
- Power Saving Tweaks
- Battery Tweaks
- Stability Tweaks
- Speed Tweaks
- Enable Native Voice Call Recording
- Enable Camera During Call
- Enable Shutter Sound Switch In Camera Settings
- Continuous Music While Using Camera
- Enable 2nd Symbol Keys On Stock Keyboard
- Enable Exit Buttons In Default Browser
- Enable Manual Rotation Option In Gallery
- Enable Scheduled Messaging Option In Messaging App
- Enable Copy To Dialer
- Enable Recipient Limit Raised To 999 For SMS
- SMS Time As Server
- Disable MMS Conversion
- 5Way Reboot
- SMS Without Screen On
- Add 966 Fonts
- Add Whistle Sound To Notification
- Call Button To Contacts In Logs
- Xposed Framework
- 3MinitBattery Mod
- Viper4Android With Neon Enable And Convolvers
- Material Tyrannus Wallpaper
- Floating Toolbox
- Toggle SideKey
- Toggle DormantMode
- Toggle MultiWindow
This guide containing the Android 5.1.1 Tyrannus Lollipop Custom ROM and instructions are working only with the Galaxy S6, model number G920F. Check the model number of your phone, if it is G920F then go ahead, otherwise not.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy S6 during or after the installation of Android 5.1.1 Tyrannus Lollipop Custom ROM. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery as your entire data will be wiped clean.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Galaxy S6 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S6 USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Galaxy S6 should be rooted with the latest version of custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your S6 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Galaxy S6 is at least above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Install Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on Galaxy S6 G920F via Tyrannus ROM:
Step No 1:- First, download Android 5.1.1 Tyrannus Lollipop Custom ROM (TyrannusRomV1.3.zip) for Galaxy S6 G920F on the desktop of the PC.
Step No 2:- Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3:- Transfer Tyrannus ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link, to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Step No 4:- Unplug the Galaxy S6 from your computer and power it OFF in order to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6:- While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note:- wipe dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
Step No 7:- Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose install zip from SD card → choose zip from sdcard.
Step No 8:- Navigate to the Android 5.1.1 Tyrannus Lollipop ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9:- Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S6 G920F will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy S6 to the latest Tyrannus Custom ROM featuring Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Let us know in the comments section below if you have any question or facing issue while the installation process.