Update Galaxy Note 4 N910G to Official N910GDTU1COH4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware – How To
Samsung is rolling out the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for all the Galaxy Note 4 variants finally and here is a good news that the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock build is now available for N910G variant. This latest update will take your firmware to build number N910GDTU1COH4 that comes with some improvements, stability and bugs fixes, so your Galaxy Note 4 will be more stable and smooth that ever before. To get this build version you’ll be required to flash the complete firmware rather than just the update because it will restore everything to stock, even if a custom recovery is installed then it be replaced with a stock version and the root access will be lost.
If you want to install stock N910GDTU1COH4 Android 5.1.1 update on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910G then proceed to the installation guide. All you need to have a proper backup of all your important data because this process will perform a clean install and your data and installed applications could be lost. Ready to begin? Go ahead and follow the given instructions carefully.
This guide containing the N910GDTU1COH4 Android Lollipop 5.1.1 based firmware and instructions can be used only with the Galaxy Note 4 N910G. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910G during or after the installation of N910GDTU1COH4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 4, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy Note 4 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Note 4 by navigate to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 4 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your Note 4, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Install Official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Firmware Update on Galaxy Note 4 N910G:
Step No 1:- First, download the N910GDTU1COH4 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware (N910GDTU1COH4_N910GTEL1COH4_TEL.zip) file and Odin tool (Odin3_v3.10.7.zip) for your Galaxy Note 4 on the desktop of the PC from the above given links.
Step No 2:- Extract the Android 5.1.1 firmware file to get .tar.md5 extension and also extract the Odin .zip file as well.
Step No 3:- Turn OFF the Galaxy Note 4 to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4:- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time.
Step No 5:- Launch Odin3 v3.10 on the PC (as Administrator).
Step No 6:- As the Galaxy Note 4 is currently in Download Mode, connect it with PC and wait for a while till Odin detects it. If the drivers are installed correctly then the ID: COM box will turn light blue and “Added” message will be appear in Odin after phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7:- In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the firmware file that you’ve already extracted (N910GDTU1COH4_N910GTEL1COH4_TEL.tar.md5) and placed on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 8:- Ensure that you’ve checked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and the Re-Partition option must be unchecked.
Step No 9:- In Odin, click on the Start button to begin the installation process that may take a few minutes to completed.
Step No 10:- Once the flashing process is finished, the Galaxy Note 4 N910G will be automatically rebooted.
Step No 11:- Disconnect the device from the PC after the home screen appears.
That’s All! You’ve installed the N910GDTU1COH4 based on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock build on the Galaxy Note 4 successfully.
In case of bootloop issue after the installation of this firmware:
- Remove the battery and put it back again.
- Boot to Recovery by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons altogether.
- In Recovery, select “wipe data/factory reset” > select “Yes” to wipe all data.
- Select Reboot to System.
Let us know in the comments area below if you need any help or having trouble while installing this Android 5.1.1 stock Lollipop firmware on your Galaxy Note 4.