How To Update Galaxy Note 4 [All Variants] to Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA Update is live now for the Galaxy Note 4 devices. The Galaxy Note 4 is one of the several devices, the manufacturer has been rolling the update to. As Samsung is already working hard into the deployment of the official TouchWiz Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware for their high-end smartphones. In this guide we have included various Galaxy Note 4 variants, find the model number of your device and update Galaxy Note 4 to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware by downloading the correct file for your device.
As you may know that the N910C variant was the first device that received the official TouchWiz 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware from Samsung in middle European, Asia-Pacific such as Nepal, India, Indonesia, and Russia etc. However now, the Note 4 N910H is the latest device that can taste the 6.0.1 Marshmallow.
All you need to download the OTA firmware file and have Odin flashing tool on your PC from the given links. Samsung developed Odin tool especially for their devices to install updates. Now proceed to the given guide below.
Here is the list of other Galaxy Note 4 models that can be updated to full stock firmware:
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
This guide containing the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA firmware is working with the Galaxy Note 4. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device. First check the model number of your phone by navigating to Settings > About Phone before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy Note 4 during or after the installation of official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 4, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy Note 4 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy Note 4 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 4 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your phone, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
- Download Galaxy Note 4 Marshmallow Firmware For US carriers
- Download Galaxy Note 4 Marshmallow For Korean Variants
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Step No 1:- Download the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware according the model number of your device on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2:- Once the download is completed, extract the archived contents. Please note that do not further unzip tar.md5 firmware update file further.
Step No 3:- Power OFF the Galaxy Note 4 in order to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4:- Next, press and hold (simultaneously) the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons on your Galaxy Note 4.
Step No 5:- Launch Odin.exe on your PC.
Step No 6:- Connect Galaxy Note 4 with the your computer using its USB data cable. Wait for a while for Odin to detect the device. If the drivers are correctly installed then the device will be detected.
Step No 7:- Now, click on the AP button in Odin.
Step No 8:- Browse and load the tar.md5 firmware file in Odin.
Step No 9:- In Odin flashing tool, click on START button to initiate the Android 6.0.1 firmware installation process.
Once the firmware installation is completed successfully, the PASS alert will be displayed on Odin and the Galaxy Note 4 will reboot. Disconnect the device from the PC.
Galaxy Note 4 will take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installing Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA firmware update.
You have successfully installed the Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware on your Galaxy Note 4.