Good news for the ZenFone 3 users because Asus has officially announced the latest update based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The new Android 7.0 Nougat is available for Zenfone 3 models ZE520KL and ZE552KL that comes with v14.2015.1701.8 version and based on the latest ZenUi and Android 7.0 Nougat OS. This official update brings many Android Nougat features, optimised functions and improved performance as well as multi-window support, improved Doze power management, notifications panel, quick switch between apps, data saver and file-based encryption and much more. Asus rolled out this official update via OTA in a phased manner. So not all users can get this firmware update at the same time, if the Android 7.0 Nougat update has not yet reached in your region then still you can install it manually by following this easy and simple step by step guide.
Android 7.0 Nougat official update weight in at around 1.5 GB along with all the official Nougat features like Flashlight from apps menu, Quick Settings, with Improve Touch performance and FET VoLTE and much more. Not necessary but we strongly recommend you to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in updating your ZenFone 3 models ZE520KL and ZE552KL to official Android 7.0 Nougat then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the ZenFone 3 models ZE520KL and ZE552KL. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be models ZE520KL and ZE552KL.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Asus ZenFone 3 models ZE520KL and ZE552KL during or after the installation of Android 7.0 Nougat Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your ZenFone 3 ZE520KL and ZE552KL, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the ZenFone 3 ZE520KL and ZE552KL USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your ZenFone 3 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- Check the battery level of your ZenFone 3 ZE520KL and ZE552KL, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download Official Update Android 7.0 Nougat for ZE520KL
- Download Official Update Android 7.0 Nougat for ZE552KL
Steps to Update Asus ZenFone 3 models ZE520KL and ZE552KL to Android 7.0 Nougat:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 4: Connect your ZenFone 3 with your PC/laptop using its USB data cable.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and also open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware on Asus ZenFone 3.