In this guide, you will learn that how to Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP on Lenovo K8 Note. The Lenovo company has been releasing great smartphones. Lenovo released their latest smartphone in the series of Lenovo K Note. It is a big screen smartphone having 5.5-inch size. It is a flagship smartphone with having a battery pack of 4000mAh which is non-removable.
It’s not been so long since this smartphone was launched by the Lenovo but the tech geeks have already started to customize Lenovo K8 Note according to their choices. As we all know the most effective way to customize a smartphone is by adding custom ROM to it. There are so many custom ROMs out there for Lenovo k8 Note which users can install on their smartphones according to their customizing choice, but to install a custom ROM to your smartphone, you need to root your device first, install any good custom recovery like TWRP recovery and unlock bootloader. Many users who like to customize their smartphones know these tricks but if you don’t know how to do this, we are going to share a guide to unlock the bootloader, installing TWRP recovery for Lenovo K8 Note.
- Install ADB and Fastboot to your personal computer
- Make sure that the battery level of your smartphone is at least about 70% before starting the process.
- Create a backup of all your important data because the process will delete all your data.
Method to Unlock Bootloader on Lenovo K8 Note
- To unlock the bootloader of your Lenovo K8 Note follow these steps.
- First of all, enable the Developer options on your smartphone by going Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More there tap on the build number consciously for seven times and the developer options will be shown n the list of settings,
- Then go to the Settings > Developer Options and now enable the OEM unlock option.
- Now connect your smartphone and personal computer using a USB cable.
- Open the window on your computer where the ADB and fastboot are
- Press Shift + right click in the ADB window and launch command prompt.
- Type this command in command prompt:
adb reboot bootloader
- After typing this command your smartphone will restart in fastboot mode and then type this command.
fastboot oem unlock[Note that the above command will wipe all the data on your phone so proceed after taking a backup]
- Proceed with yes and your bootloader on Lenovo K8 Note will be unlocked.
You May Also Like:
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K8 Note
- Open the command prompt in the ADB and fastboot.
- After opening the command prompt connect your device to your computer
- Enter this command n command prompt to reboot your smartphone into fastboot mode
- First of all, you will have to re-open the Command Prompt window by Right-Clicking in the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot if you have closed the Command Prompt window after installing TWRP
- Once the Command Prompt Window is opened, connect your smartphone to PC and enter the following command to boot your device into Fastboot mode
- adb reboot bootloader
- In bootloader mode rename the TWRP image file downloaded recovery.img and then type this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- This will start the flashing process after flashing the TWRP recovery will be installed.