Huawei Mate 10 Lite are the latest flagships from Huawei which recently hit the market in November 2017. Huawei Mate 10 comes with Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box. The developer support since the first Huawei device was always been great. Huawei Mate 10 Lite is one of the devices in Huawei Mate 10 series.
The TeamWin Recovery project or we can simply call it as TWRP Recovery software, which allows us to install Custom ROMs, MODs on Android device. Most of the people prefer TWRP recovery just because of the touch-based user interface which helps the user to easily install Custom ROMs, MODs. Earlier TWRP Recovery used to support only Google Nexus devices, but now it is available for wide range of Android devices. TWRP Recovery supports various customizations such as gaining root access on Android, making a Nandroid backup, removing bloatware, installing a custom kernel, etc.
This whole process is simple and easy which can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already stated that the most preferred uses of the TWRP recovery is that you can root or flash custom ROMs on your device. Now follow the below step by step guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
- This guide only for Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
- Unlock Bootloader
- Maintain more than 50% – 60% battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Huawei Mate 10 Lite
Install TWRP Recovery
- First Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Now, download TWRP recovery img for Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
- Rename the downloaded img file to “TWRP” and transfer the file to your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on Android Smartphones
- Go to the ADB folder in your PC and then press “Shift key + Right mouse key” and click on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your Huawei Mate 10 Lite to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Open the ADB folder and launch the Command prompt window there. (shift + right click anywhere empty space within that folder and click on open command prompt here).
- Power off your device and boot your device into fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold Volume up + Power at the same time to boot into fastboot mode.OR You can execute the following command to boot into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now connect your device to your PC via USB cable and execute the following command. (This command will confirm that your device is connected to PC)
- If your device is successfully connected, execute the following command to flash TWRP Recovery.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
To Bypass your device encryption, you have to format user data.
fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your Huawei Mate 10 Lite. It can be checked by long press “Volume down + power” buttons to boot into recovery mode.
Root Huawei Mate 10 Lite via TWRP Recovery
- Download SuperSU or Magisk Zip and transfer file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down + Power “ buttons to boot into TWRP Recovery.
- Go to TWRP main menu, Click on the Wipe and swipe to factory reset.
- Navigate to the main menu in TWRP, click on install and select the SuperSU or Magisk zip file
- Once you have selected the Magisk or SuperSU zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- After the installation process is completed, check the Wipe cache/Dalvik option, click on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now reboot your device from the main menu.
Hope you have successfully installed TWRP recovery and Root Huawei Mate 10 Lite.