The TeamWin Recovery project or we can simply call it as TWRP Recovery software, which allows us to install Custom ROMs, MODs on Android device. Most of the people prefer TWRP recovery just because of the touch-based user interface which helps the user to easily install Custom ROMs, MODs. Earlier TWRP Recovery used to support only Google Nexus devices, but now it is available for wide range of Android devices. TWRP Recovery supports various customizations such as gaining root access on Android, making a Nandroid backup, removing bloatware, installing a custom kernel, etc.
According to us, both CWM Recovery and TWRP Recovery works flawlessly for the flashing of custom ROMs or rooting a device. There are no such major differences between these two recoveries as both of them do the perfect job, but it totally depends on the user. If you are a new to using recoveries than better choose TWRP recovery as it has a user-friendly interface with the large buttons which will reduce the chance of mistakes while tweaking your device.
This whole process is simple and easy which can be completed within 10-15 min. We have already stated that the most preferred uses of the TWRP recovery is that you can root your device or flash custom ROMs on your device. Now follow the below step by step guide to Install TWRP Recovery and Root any Xiaomi Device.
- This guide only for Xiaomi Devices.
- Unlocked Bootloader on your device.
- Take a backup of your files before proceeding further.
- Maintain more than 50% – 60% battery to prevent the sudden shutdown.
|Redmi 4 Prime||Download|
|Redmi Note 4||Download|
|Redmi Note 3||Download|
|Redmi Note 3 MTK||Download|
|Mi Mix 2||Download|
|Mi Max 2||Download|
|Mi Note Pro||Download|
|Mi 5s Plus||Download|
|Redmi 3S and 3S Prime and 3X||Download|
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Xiaomi Device
Install TWRP Recovery
- First Unlock Bootloader on your device.
- Download and Install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
- Now, download TWRP recovery img for Xiaomi Device.
- Rename the downloaded img file to “TWRP” and transfer the file to your device.
- Enable USB Debugging on Android Smartphones
- Go to the ADB folder and then press “Shift key + Right mouse key” and click on the “Open command window here.”
- Now connect your Xiaomi device to the PC using a USB data cable.
- Open the ADB folder and launch the Command prompt window there. (shift + right click anywhere empty space within that folder and click on open command prompt here).
- Power off your device and boot your device into fastboot mode. To do this, press and hold Volume up + Power at the same time to boot into fastboot mode.ORYou can execute the following command to boot into fastboot mode
adb reboot bootloader
- Now connect your device to your PC via USB cable and execute the following command. (This command will confirm that your device is connected to PC)
- If your device is successfully connected, execute the following command to flash TWRP Recovery.
fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
To Bypass your device encryption you have to format user data.
fastboot format userdata
That’s all! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Device. It can be checked by long press “Volume down + power” buttons to boot into recovery mode.
Root Xiaomi Device via TWRP Recovery
- Download SuperSU Zip and transfer file into your device
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery.
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold “Volume down button + Power button” until you see anything on the screen.
- Now in the TWRP main menu, Click on the Wipe and swipe to factory reset.
- Go back to the main menu in TWRP, click on install and select the SuperSU zip file
- After selecting the SuperSU zip file, do swipe to confirm flash to begin the installation process.
- After the installation process is completed, check the Wipe cache/Dalvik option, click on it and Swipe to wipe.
- Now reboot your device from the main menu.
Hope you have successfully installed TWRP recovery.