Lenovo K10 Note is now getting the official support of TWRP custom recovery. Now you can download and install the official TWRP recovery on Lenovo K10 Note and root with Magisk. The smartphone was launched in September last year with high hardware specifications, amazing design, latest Android OS, and much more. If you are advanced users and not satisfied with Lenovo’s heavily customized skin, then you can now flash a GSI of your choice ROM on your device by flashing this official TWRP custom recovery.
Now the wait is over and TWRP custom recovery officially supports the Lenovo K10 Note smartphone. Today in this article we come with a simple and easy step by step guide on how to download and install the official TWRP recovery on Lenovo K10 Note and root with Magisk. Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is the most popular and widely used custom recovery in the Android market. It is the open-source custom recovery which is fully touched based.
The TWRP allows users to restore and take back up the current system, flash different custom ROMs, Kernel, Mods, install third-party apps, root your device, and much more. After flashing the official TWRP recovery on Lenovo K10 Note, you will be able to root your device with Magisk. Basically rooting the Android phone means you will break all the restrictions and limitations from Android phones. So after rooting you can customize your device beyond the limits.
Here you can root your phone with the help of the Magisk tool. Magisk is one of the best rooting Android tools which roots your device system less without any kind of risk. If you are interested in downloading and installing the official TWRP recovery on Lenovo K10 Note and root with Magisk, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any damage that occurred to your Lenovo K10 Note during or after the installation of TWRP custom recovery. Please keep in mind that replacing the stock recovery with TWRP recovery isn’t an official process so that you will lose the warranty of your Lenovo K10 Note.
- Take a proper backup of all your important data like your contacts, call logs, texts, images, videos, and audio files on Lenovo K10 Note before starting the flashing process. It is recommended to keep everything safe and secured by syncing your files with your account.
- Install ADB and Fastboot to your personal computer
- A Windows-based PC will be required for this process to install the Lenovo K10 Note USB drivers and the Android SDK toolkit.
- The bootloader of your phone should be unlocked, otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the TWRP.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Menu – Settings – Developer Options.
- The battery level of your Lenovo K10 Note smartphone should be at least about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Lenovo K10 Note:
- Open the command prompt in the ADB and fastboot.
- After opening the command prompt connect your device to your computer
- Enter this command n command prompt to reboot your smartphone into fastboot mode
- First of all, you will have to re-open the Command Prompt window by Right-Clicking in the folder where you have installed ADB and Fastboot if you have closed the Command Prompt window after installing TWRP
- Once the Command Prompt Window is opened, connect your smartphone to PC and enter the following command to boot your device into Fastboot mode
- adb reboot bootloader
- In bootloader mode rename the TWRP image file downloaded recovery.img and then type this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- This will start the flashing process after flashing the TWRP recovery will be installed.
Steps to Root Lenovo K10 Note With Magisk:
Done! You have successfully installed TWRP recovery and root Lenovo K10 Note, you can now reboot your phone into recovery mode.