This article contains the perfect methods using which you can take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy J6 / J8. You can start exploring the Samsung Galaxy J6 / J8 with this guide. These additions to the Samsung Galaxy’s J series comes with a lot of exciting features that are usually found in Samsung’s high-end smartphones. A key feature of the Samsung Galaxy J6 and J8 phones is Samsung’s experience UI – previously TouchWiz. The user interface makes it very easy to navigate and use the phone by bringing in a lot of accessibility functions. In this article, we will tell you how to take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy J6 / J8 apart from just the button method.
Every Android user makes use of the screenshot option every day. The screengrab facility is utilized by a lot of users, be it to record a new high score in a game or capturing conversations over social media or saving a good post they saw over Facebook. Screenshots prove useful in all of these situations. However, the simple method of capturing a screenshot becomes a bit changed and modified due to the variation in the Android devices, device manufacturers, and the general hardware and phone parts.
With the steps mentioned ahead, you can get to know how you can take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy J6 and J8 smartphones along with taking scroll screenshots as well.
You can take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy J6 and J8 in two possible ways. The two methods are:
- Hardware buttons
- Palm swipe gesture
Both of these methods make the process of taking screenshots easier for users. You can choose any method you want or choose the one that you find easier and simpler. In addition to that, you can even extend both of these methods to take longer screenshots through scroll capture.
1. How To Take Screenshots Using Hardware Buttons:
This one is one of the easiest and the fastest methods to take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy J6 and J8. This method is also very common and most of the users already know this method. Nevertheless, we have listed down the steps in which you can perform this method:
- First, you need to open the application or the screen of which you want to take the screenshot.
- Then you are just required to press and hold the Power button and the Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- You will know that a screenshot is taken when you observe a quick animation on your screen and hear a clicking feedback sound.
Wasn’t this easy? Well, the next method is even easier. The cool palm swipe gesture to quickly take a screenshot on your phone.
2. How to Capture Screenshot with Palm Swipe Gesture:
This feature of taking screenshots has been a part of nearly all of the latest Samsung TouchWiz devices. In most of the Samsung phones, this feature is enabled by default. However, for some reason, it is not turned on, we have listed the simple steps following which, you can enable the feature on your Samsung device:
- To use the gesture, you need to activate the feature from your mobile’s settings. For this, you need to go to the Settings app on your phone and open the Motion menu.
- Search for Hand Motions in the Motions menu and then you need to tick the Palm swipe to capture checkbox.
- Then proceed to the screen or the application of which you want to take the screenshot.
- Here is the actual procedure – You need to swipe the bottom edge of your hand across the screen from one edge to the other. Your palm should be open with your four fingers pointing away from you and your thumb on top ( just like a handshake). The edge of your hand should touch the screen as you swipe. Make sure that the keyboard on your phone is not open.
3. How to Capture Long Screenshots with Scroll Capture:
Long screenshots come in handy when you want to capture more information in a single picture, such as a long conversation which does not fit in a single screen, or an article page that you want in one picture. You can capture long screenshots using the Samsung Experience’s Scroll capture feature. Following our list of simple steps below, you can start capturing long screenshots in no time.
- First, proceed to the screen or the application you want to take the screenshot of. Then take a screenshot of the starting point of your desired content following either of the two methods mentioned above.
- As soon as the screenshot is captured, you will observe a quick animation on your screen and you will see additional options on the bottom of your screen. There is also the option of Scroll capture among these, you need to select it.
- As soon as you have selected the option, your Samsung phone would automatically move down the screen until it displays entirely new content. Then it will automatically take a screenshot, which will be attached to the previous screenshot taken in the first step.
- If you want to, you can repeat step 3 for as many as you wish, or until all your desired content is captured. We have provided you a sample of what the final image would look like. Of course, the size of the picture would be different as it depends on how many screenshots you have stitched into one.
4. How to Find Saved Screenshots?
Finding your captured screenshots is a very simple task. You just need to open the gallery app and look for your captured screenshots in the Screenshot album or folder. Alternatively, you can manually go to Pictures > Screenshots folder in your phone memory and see all the screenshots that you have captured on your Samsung device.
If you want to transfer the screenshots on Samsung Galaxy to your computer, you need to make sure that you have the proper Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer. This is necessary so that your computer can recognize your device and an efficient data transfer can take place.
We hope that this article would help you to take screenshots on Samsung Galaxy J6 and J8. If you face difficulty in any task, do let us know in the comment section.