Today we are going to share a detailed guide on how to install Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie Update (One UI). We have already shared guides to update Galaxy S9 and S9+ and now Galaxy Note 9 has started receiving the latest Android 9 Pie update. If you want to install Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie (One UI) Update then follow the given guide.
In this guide, we’ll use perform sideloading the OTA package in stock recovery. Because the Odin flashable firmware files are not yet available, so we’ll use sideload the Android Pie OTA package via the stock recovery.
Samsung released this Android Pie-based One UI for Galaxy Note 9 recently via OTA (over-the-air) for the limited users. But now the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie update is available for non-beta users in UAE and Germany. This latest Android Pie OTA update weighs about 1590 MB that comes with N960FXXU2CSA2 build version.
If you are from the certain regions but have not yet received the OTA notification on your Galaxy Note 9 then navigate to Settings > Software updates and tap on the Download Updates Manually button. But if you are from any other country or have missed the OTA notification due to some reason then proceed to the installation instructions to manually install Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie Update.
Note: Please note that we suggest you wait until the Android Pie Odin firmware is available, in case you’re a non-beta user.
Please note that the given Android Pie OTA packages are working with Galaxy Note 9 on a specific firmware as follows:
For Galaxy Note 9 Exynos variant (N960F): ZRLT (Latest Pie Beta) > CRLT (First Android Pie update) > CSA2 (Second Android Pie update)
For Galaxy Note 9 Snapdragon variant (N960U): ARJA (Android Oreo) > CSA7 (Android Pie update)
- We recommend taking proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to the installation guide. Although the process below will not wipe any data. Follow our backup guide to create a complete backup of your Galaxy Note 9.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery of your phone is about 70 to 80 to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the update process.
- NOTE: Navigate to the security settings on your phone and delete the current fingerprint data. It’s important to prevent corruption of fingerprints/secure data after the update.
Download Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie (One UI) OTA
Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos – N960F):
- ZRLT (Latest Pie Beta) > CRLT (Stable Android Pie): Download link
- CRLT (Stable Android Pie) > CSA2 (Second Pie Update): Download link
Galaxy Note 9 (Snapdragon – N960U):
- ARJA (Stable Android Oreo) > CSA7 (Stable Android Pie): Download link
Thanks to the XDA Senior Member henklbr for providing the Android Pie OTA for the Exynos variant and the folks at firmware.science for the Snapdragon variant.
How to Install Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie Update
Following the given step-by-step guide to sideloading the OTA and install Android Pie-based One UI on Samsung Galaxy Note 9 manually.
1. First, download Android Pie-based One UI OTA package from the above links for your Galaxy Note 9 on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your Galaxy Note 9 to the PC using its USB data cable.
3. Now, transfer the downloaded OTA package to the root folder of the SD card on the phone.
4. After transferring the OTA package, disconnect the phone and turn it OFF.
Follow the given steps to boot Galaxy Note 9 to Download Mode
- Tap on ‘Power OFF’ when the Power menu appears on the screen.
- Again tap on ‘Power OFF’ to confirm the shutdown.
- Now, hold the Volume Down and Bixby button on your Note 9.
- While holding the Power OFF and Volume Down buttons, connect your device to the PC via its USB data cable.
- You’ll see the Download Mode warning message on the screen.
- Finally, press the Volume Up button to continue and boot Galaxy Note 9 Download Mode.
5. When you see a blue screen with the Android logo, release the buttons.
6. While your device is now in stock recovery, highlight “Apply update from SD card” using the Volume buttons and choose the option using the Power button.
7. Next, navigate to the SD card and select the Android Pie-based One UI OTA update package.
8. Select “Yes” to install Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie Update.
9. Select the “Reboot system now” option, once the sideloading process completes.
These were the complete steps to install Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Android Pie-based One UI Update. After booting your phone into the OS, enjoy the new Android 9 Pie features on your phone and Samsung’s One UI.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or queries while following the above guide.