Here is how to play steam games on Android with Steam Link. When it comes to gaming, steam is a much-publicized name. It is the terminal station for playing, discussing and creating games. There’s no denying that, Valve’s popular distribution hub has become the most liked source for anyone willing to download or install games on their PC. Steam makes it possible for gamers to play their favorite games without heading off to stores to pick up physical copies, now all they need is an internet connection.
Initially, Steam gave the idea of streaming a game from a computer that is connected to a similar network through a physical box. Later on, an official app was launched by Valve Corporation named as Steam link for android phones. This app pairs your android phone with the steam clients on your PC and allows players to stream their whole library of Steam games directly to compatible Android devices.
How to Play Steam Games on Android using Steam Link
The process of playing the steam game on android using the steam link is fairly simple, all you have to do is:
- Connect your computer and Android device to the Wi-Fi network. Be certain that your android device is connected to the same wireless network as your host computer.
- From the Google app store, download the steam link app.
- Launch the app once it is installed on your phone.
- Connect your phone to a wireless controller or simply just launch the app and choose touch controls. If you are using an official steam controller, the app will guide you through the pairing process otherwise you’d have to consult the user manual for specific pairing instructions.
- Once the controller is properly connected, pair the app with your computer; make sure that your computer is connected to the same network as your phone.
- After you have finished pairing, tap on start playing.
- Navigate to your steam library using the toolbar, and then simply select the game you wish to play on your android device.
There you have it! Now with the steam link app, you can easily play your steam game on any android device without any hurdles to set it up. And the best of all is that the steam app is free and accessible from anywhere, so there’s no reason not to try it yourself.