We have some good news for the owners of OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T users that the latest OxygenOS 9.0.1 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T users is now available. This OxygenOS 9.0.1 firmware update is based on Android Pie. Follow the given guide to download OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie Update and flash it manually.
OnePlus released the Android Pie beta via OxygenOS Open Beta 22/20 back in mid-December for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. Now both of these smartphones are getting the stable Android 9 Pie update after receiving Open Beta releases and fixing numerous bugs.
OnePlus smartphones come with eye-grabbing design, commendable performance, and with consistent software support. If your devices are running on the previous stable OxygenOS 5.1.7 firmware then you can install OxygenOS 9.0.1 on OnePlus 5/5T via OTA. This OTA update weighs 1748 MB and it is advised that you use a WiFi connection to download it. You can force-check for the OTA by going to ‘Settings’ > ‘System updates’. But if your devices are running on the OxygenOS Open Beta firmware then follow the given instructions to manually upgrade.
Before proceeding to the given guide to install OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie Update, check out the changelog of this new firmware update.
Changelog of OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie Update
Following the changelog of OxygenOS 9.0.1 for the OnePlus 5/5T, according to the official release thread.
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized sRGB display mode
- Optimized Reading mode
- Fixed issue with 4G VoLTE toggle missing
- Fixed random reboots when Screen Casting
- Updated system to Android™ 9 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (Available for OnePlus 5T only)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.12
- Other new features and system improvements
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- Integrated Google Lens mode
Take a look on the following pre-requirements before going ahead to download OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie Update.
- We highly recommended taking proper backup of all your important data. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data. You can follow this backup guide to create your device’s backup.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for OnePlus devices on your PC.
- For Method 2: Please note that all you need to have the siankatabg’s TWRP if your phone is running on OxygenOS/Custom ROM (Oreo-based). Or, use Codeworkx’s TWRP recovery (OnePlus 5/OnePlus 5T) if you have Pie-based OxygenOS/custom ROM.
- Make sure that the battery level of your OnePlus 5/5T is about 60 to 70% before starting the given process.
Download OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie Update (OxygenOS 9.0.1)
OxygenOS 9.0.1 for OnePlus 5
OxygenOS 9.0.1 for OnePlus 5T
Credits: For the mirror, links go to XDA Recognized Contributor Funk Wizard.
How to Install OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie Update Manually
By following the given two methods, you can easily install OxygenOS 9.0.1 update on OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. You can use the first method to update your OnePlus via Local Upgrade option and if your device is rooted then you’ll need to update via TWRP recovery.
Method 1: Using Local Upgrade Option
1. First of all, download Android Pie-based OxygenOS 9.0.1 full ROM zip package on the desktop of your PC.
2. Now, plug the OnePlus 5/5T to the PC using its USB data cable.
3. Transfer the full ROM zip file to the root folder of the internal storage of your phone.
4. After transferring the ROM zip file, unplug your OnePlus 5/5T from the PC.
5. Navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘System updates’ and tap on the gear icon on the top-right of the screen.
6. Choose the ‘Local Upgrade’ option and the phone will automatically fetch the OxygenOS full ROM zip.
7. Tap on the OxygenOS full ROM zip file.
8. Finally, tap on ‘UPGRADE NOW’ to install OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie Update.
Your OnePlus 5/5T phone will now reboot into the recovery and the update flashing process will start. We strongly recommend performing a factory reset to avoid bugs etc.
Method 2: Using TWRP Recovery
1. First, download Android Pie-based OxygenOS 9.0.1 full ROM zip.
2. Next, connect the OnePlus 5/5T to the computer via its USB data Cable.
3. Copy the downloaded zip file to then internal storage of your phone [root folder].
4. Turn OFF the OnePlus 5/5T completely.
5. Now press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time to boot into TWRP recovery.
6. While your phone is in TWRP recovery now, navigate to ‘Wipe’ > ‘Advanced Wipe’
7. Choose the ‘Dalvik/ART Cache’, ‘System’, ‘Data’, and ‘Cache’ partitions.
8. Now, go to the main menu of TWRP recovery and tap on the ‘Install’ button
9. Browse and locate the OxygenOS 9.0.1 full ROM zip file. Select it.
10. Swipe the button on the bottom to install OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie Update.
Once the ROM flashing process completes, tap on the ‘Reboot System’ button to boot your phone.
These were the easy methods to download and install OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie-based OxygenOS 9.0.1. Now you are free to enjoy all the new features.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or queries regarding the above step-by-step guide.