Xiaomi is rolling out the stable update Android Pie for Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A. Both devices were launched in April with Android 8.1 Oreo. The company suspended the Android Pie update for these devices, but later they changed its mind. Finally, Xiaomi started rolling out the MIUI 10 stable update which is based on Android Pie for Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A. The latest update comes with build number V10.4.1.0.PCBMIXM along with July 2019 security patch.
Here in this article, we share a simple guide on how to download and install MIUI 10 stable Android Pie for Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A. The Android Pie update comes with lots of new features and improvements such as system-wide Dark Mode; in addition to supporting for navigation gestures, use face unlocks as an app lock method and much more. Also, the new update brings some bug fixes, system enhancement, stability and so on. Xiaomi rolling out the MIUI 10.4.1.0 official update via OTA, so not all users can get the update at the same time.
If you are excited and have not yet received the update, then you can check first manually by going to phone Settings > About Phone > System update and select “Choose update package”. If you don’t find any new update with build id V10.4.1.0.PCBMIXM, then no need to worry about that. Given below we share the MIUI 10 Android Pie update link for both devices.
You can easily download the update and install it by following our given below detailed guide. The update is a stable build and smoothly run on your device without any problem. If you wish to download and install MIUI 10 stable update Android Pie for Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the MIUI 10.4.1.0 Android P official update is working with the Xiaomi Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A device only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. We recommend you to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Xiaomi Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Xiaomi Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A USB Drivers on the PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Install MIUI 10.4.1.0 Android Pie Android Pie For Redmi 6 and Redmi 6A:
- First, download the MIUI 10.4.1.0 Android P Update recovery ROM for your phone.
- Now connect your Redmi 6 / 6A to your computer via its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the phone’s storage.
- Once transferred, disconnect your Redmi 6 / 6A and power it OFF.
- Next, enter TWRP recovery by pressing the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
(Optional): If you’re using a custom ROM, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’ and wipe the ‘Cache’, ‘Dalvik/ART Cache’, ‘Data’ and ‘System’ partitions.
- Once the above steps complete, go back and tap on the ‘Install’ button
- Browse the internal storage and choose the Recovery ROM zip file.
- Swipe the button on the screen to start installing the firmware on your Xiaomi device.
- Press the ‘Reboot System’ button, once the process completes.
Done! You have successfully installed the MIUI 10.4.1.0 Android Pie on Xiaomi Redmi 6 / 6A.