Xiaomi has started rolling out the new update which is MIUI 10.4.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2. The latest update is available via OTA, and it is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Now the Mi Mix 2 users can download and install the most recent Android Pie official ROM on their devices. The MIUI 10 Android Pie update comes with build id number V10.4.2.0.P along with July 2019 security patch. This latest security patch fixes lots of bugs. Here in this article, we share a simple guide on how to download and install MIUI 10.4.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2.
Nowadays, Xiaomi is one of the best brands in the Android market and was known for its MIUI OS. Xiaomi devices are developer-friendly and have easily customizable skins after OxygenOS. Xiaomi always releases the update very quickly to his latest variants. Now the time to upgrade your Mi Mix 2 smartphone to the most recent official Android Pei update and enjoy all the features of Android Pie OS. The MIUI 10.4.2.0 update brings many new features such as Adaptive brightness, iPhone X-like gestures, Adaptive brightness, iPhone X-like gestures, and much more. Also, the update brings customizations, enhanced system stability, bug fixes, and so on.
The Xiaomi rolling out the MIUI 10.4.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2 via OTA, so not all users can get the update at the same time. If you have not received any notification, then you can check manually by going to phone settings > tap on About Phone section > then tap on Software Update. If you have still not found the update, then you can install it manually by following our given below detailed guide. The update is a stable build which runs smoothly on your device without any problem.
Keep in mind taking the full backup of all your phone data before proceeding. If you wish to download and install MIUI 10.4.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2, Android Pie official update, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the MIUI 10.4.2.0 Global Stable ROM official update is working with the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 device only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. We recommend you to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 USB Drivers
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Install MIUI 10.4.2.0 Global Stable ROM For Mi Mix 2:
- First, download the MIUI 10.4.2.0 Android P Update recovery ROM for your phone.
- Now connect your Mi Mix 2 to your computer via its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the phone’s storage.
- Once transferred, disconnect your Mi Mix 2 and power it OFF.
- Next, enter TWRP recovery by pressing the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
(Optional): If you’re using a custom ROM, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’ and wipe the ‘Cache’, ‘Dalvik/ART Cache’, ‘Data’ and ‘System’ partitions.
- Once the above steps complete, go back and tap on the ‘Install’ button
- Browse the internal storage and choose the Recovery ROM zip file.
- Swipe the button on the screen to start installing the firmware on your Xiaomi device.
- Press the ‘Reboot System’ button, once the process completes.
Done! You have successfully installed the MIUI 10.4.2.0 Global Stable ROM for Mi Mix 2.