Download and install Android Pie for Redmi S2 (Y2) smartphone [V10.3.2.0.PEFCNXM]: The Xiaomi has launched Redmi S2 in 2018 with MIUI 9.1 which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Recently, Xiaomi Redmi S2 started receiving the stable Android Pie official update. The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is the most selling phone, so all the users of Redmi S2 will be happy and get the experience of the latest android OS on their devices. Here in this article, we come with the latest official update MIUI 10.3.2.0 based on Android Pie for Redmi S2 variants.
As Xiaomi committed to release the Kernal source code, now the updated kernel sources based on Android Pie for the Redmi S2/Y2 is available. The Android Pie update comes with the latest MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM along with July 2019 Android security patch.
Also, the official firmware is packed with lots of new features such as system-wide dark mode, upgraded Game Speed Booster, optimized Mi Cloud integration with improved sync functionality, Digital Wellbeing, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness and much more. Given below we share the direct link of Kernal source code based on Android Pie and MIUI 10.3.2.0 firmware file.
The size of Android Pie for Redmi S2/Y2 is about 1.5 GB. The update brings many improvements, bug fixes and enhanced system stability. It’s a good idea to update your Android devices to the latest official firmware. If you wish to download and install MIUI 10.3.2.0.PEFCNXM based on Android Pie for Redmi S2 / Y2 smartphone, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
MIUI v10.3.2.0.PEFCNXM Changelog:
- Optimization: The Apps section of the Settings got a structural revamp
- Fix: Icons weren’t displayed correctly after adjusting fonts
- File Manager
- Fix: Sometimes it took too long for the thumbnails to refresh
- Game speed booster
- New: Floating windows for incoming calls during games
This guide containing the MIUI 10.3.2.0 Android P official update is working with the Xiaomi Redmi S2 / Y2 device only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. We recommend you to check the model number of your device first.
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Xiaomi Redmi S2 / Y2 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Xiaomi Redmi S2 / Y2 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Install MIUI 10.3.2.0 Android Pie For Xiaomi Redmi S2 / Y2 Official Update:
- First, download the MIUI 10.3.2.0 Android P Update recovery ROM for your phone.
- Now connect your Redmi S2 to your computer via its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded zip file to the phone’s storage.
- Once transferred, disconnect your Redmi S2 and power it OFF.
- Next, enter TWRP recovery by pressing the Volume Up and Power button simultaneously.
(Optional): If you’re using a custom ROM, go to ‘Wipe’ -> ‘Advanced Wipe’ and wipe the ‘Cache’, ‘Dalvik/ART Cache’, ‘Data’ and ‘System’ partitions.
- Once the above steps complete, go back and tap on the ‘Install’ button
- Browse the internal storage and choose the Recovery ROM zip file.
- Swipe the button on the screen to start installing the firmware on your Xiaomi device.
- Press the ‘Reboot System’ button, once the process completes.
Done! You have successfully installed the MIUI 10.3.2.0 Android P on Xiaomi Redmi S2 / Y2.