Samsung has become the first to deliver the July 2020 security patch for its latest devices. Recently the Korean company added some more devices in the platform of the July 2020 security patch which are Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 variants. So if you are the user of one of these smartphones, then now you can upgrade your device on the latest official security update.
Follow the given below step by step guide on how to download and install the July 2020 security patch for the Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 variants. The most recent update added some new features, brings many improvements, customizations, bugs fixes, and much more. Also, the update comes with enhanced system stability, increased battery timing, fixed bugs, and so on. The Security update has build number N97xFXXS5CTFA and A705YNDXU5BTF1along with July 2020 security patch.
Samsung started rolling out the latest security patch via OTA (over-the-air), so it may take some time to reach in all regions. If you are excited to upgrade your device as soon as possible and can’t wait for the OTA update, then you can download the latest official firmware by using the Frija tool. Frija is one of the best Samsung firmware downloader tools. After downloading you will flash it on your device with the help of Odin flash tool.
Not necessary but it is better to take the full backup of all your phone important data before proceeding. We highly recommend you keeping updated your Android phone to the latest official stock firmware. If you want to download the July 2020 security patch for the Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70, then go ahead and follow the given guide.
This guide containing the official July 2020 Security firmware, and instructions are working with the Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 during or after the installation of an official update. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 is rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download Official Update For Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70:
How To Install Official Update For Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 July 2020 Security Patch:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for the Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install an official update on the Galaxy Note 10, Note 10 Plus, and the Galaxy A70. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.