Here is how to download and install January 2020 security patch for Galaxy Note 10 series. Samsung already released the Android 10 official stable update based on One UI 2.0 for Galaxy Note 10 series. The Android 10 official update has come with the December 2019 security patch. Now the company started rolling out the latest January 2020 security patch for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series. The most recent update brings build number N970FXXS1BSLD along with lots of new features, customizations, many other improvements and much more.
Follow the given guide on how you can manually flash the January 2020 security patch for Galaxy Note 10 series. Samsung is one of the most popular and widely used brands all over the world. Because it is releasing software updates and security patches timely. So with the starting of the new month, Samsung started working and after 3 days of the month, it released the latest January 2020 security patch for Galaxy Note 10 series. The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 is the first device in Samsung which received the January 2020 security patch.
The latest update has fixed all the bugs which you have already faced. After flashing this latest official firmware, your device will run smoothly and more stable before. Samsung started rolling out the security patch via OTA (over-the-air) and currently available for users in Germany. If you are not in a region where the latest security patch available and excited to upgrade your device as soon as possible, then you can install the January 2020 security patch manually.
Given below we share the direct link of OTA file for you, through that you can download and install it on your device. We always advise you to keep updated your Android devices to the latest official firmware and security patches. If you wish to download and install the January 2020 security patch for Galaxy Note 10 series, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide containing the January 2020 security patch firmware, and instructions are working with Galaxy Note 10 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 during or after the installation of the January 2020 security patch. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 10; in case anything goes wrong, then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy Note 10 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Note 10 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update, it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 10 is rooted, then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available, then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download January 2020 security patch Firmware:
- One UI 2.0 Update (N970FOXM1BSL7) for the Galaxy Note 10
- One UI 2.0 Update (N975FOXM1BSL7) for the Galaxy Note 10+
- Odin3 v3.12.3
How To Install January 2020 Security Patch For Galaxy Note 10
One UI 2.0 Firmware:
1:– First, download firmware and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy Note 10 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy Note 10 to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Note 10. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy Note 10 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! These were the instructions to install Android 10 for Galaxy Note 10. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any questions or issues.