Huawei launched Mate 9 smartphone in November 2016. Huawei also launched their new UI with Android Nougat EMUI 5.0 but if you are interested in a sound mod then you must install Viper4Android custom ROM on your Huawei Mate 9 device. This latest custom firmware comes with lots of new features and it is highly appreciated because of its sound capabilities. The Viper4Android custom firmware is very smooth, stable and fast running on your device. Once your Huawei Mate 9 is updated then you can speed things up and improve the general performance and enjoy an upgraded battery life. This is not officially announced by Huawei but just a custom ROM which is developed by third party developers.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily install Viper4Android custom ROM on Huawei Mate 9. Your phone must be rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod) to flash this latest custom ROM on Huawei Mate 9. This latest custom packed with Android official features and also some aftermarket features. You can install this custom ROM on your device and enjoy an amazing music experience without any sound component hardware upgrades. Before proceeding keep in mind to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing Viper4Android custom ROM on Huawei Mate 9 then go ahead and follow the givens steps.
The Viper4Android Nougat ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Huawei Mate 9. Check the model number of your Huawei Mate 9 from Settings > About Phone.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Huawei Mate 9 USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Huawei Mate 9 should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- Enable USB Debugging by navigating to Menu –> Settings –> Developer Options
- Make sure that the battery level of the Huawei Mate 9 is at least above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Update Huawei Mate 9 toViper4Android custom ROM:
Step 1: Download the Viper4Android custom ROM package and Google Apps on the desktop of your PC for your Huawei Mate 9.
Step 2: Once the files are downloaded, connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable (your phone must be turned on).
Step 3: Copy/Paste the downloaded firmware and Google Apps files from your PC to the root folder of SDcard of your Huawei Mate 9. When done, unplug the USB cord.
Step 4: Turn OFF your Huawei Mate 9 to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: You can easy reboot recovery mode on your device using the QuickBoot app (For Rooted Devices) or using ADB method. If your phone is rooted then follow the given steps.
- Go to Google Play store and download a tool on your device.
- Search for the Quick Boot tool.
- Install the tool on your phone/tablet.
- Run the same.
- From the menu that will be displayed (Recovery, Reboot, Bootloader and Power Off) select “recovery”.
- Now your handset will be rebooted into recovery mode, so that’s it.
Step 6: While the Huawei Mate 9 is now in recovery mode, perform a “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 7: Go back to main recovery menu once the wipe is completed.
Step 8: Now, select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”. Locate the firmware file that you have already transferred to the root folder of your SDcard. Select it and start the installation process.
Step 9: Finally, install Google Apps by repeating the above step.
Step 10: Wait for the installation process to be completed successfully. Your phone will take about 4-5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Step 11: Once the flashing process is finished, go to recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s All, you have successfully installed the Viper4Android Nougat ROM on your Huawei Mate 9.