Xiaomi Redmi 4A has been one of the leading smartphones that have bought Xioami to the leading market share holder in 2017. Today we’ll take you through a Step-by-Step tutorial to Install TWRP and Root Redmi 4A.
The Redmi 4A, the younger sibling of the Redmi 4 is an entry-level smartphone for the first time android user. Being a budget smartphone, it does much more than what it is asked to. As an entry-level smartphone, it is expected to be sluggish under demanding tasks and perform only low-medium level tasks on a day to day basis. But, due to the excellent specifications and well-optimised software, the Redmi 4A turns out to be the best in the entry-level/budget smartphone market.
You may know that the Redmi 4A sports a 5 inch 720p HD display, which ensures smooth ergonomics and easy single-handed operation. It also offers screen protection, and also comes with Reading mode and Color temperature adjustment. The device runs the Snapdragon 425 a quad-core processor clocked at 1.4ghz and an Adreno 308 GPU clocked at 500MHz. The Redmi 4A has 2 memory options a 2GB/16GB variant and also a 3GB/32GB option for those who need that extra storage space. This device also packs a 3120 mAh battery that easily lasts a day. But for those special users, who need that extra bit from their phones always want to root their device. This guide will take you through the steps to Install a TWRP recovery and then Root Redmi 4A phone to make full use of the hardware capabilities of the device.
Keep in mind that rooting your device voids your warranty and any damage incurred by your device will not be covered by the warranty, so make sure you follow the exact steps and root your device properly
Things to Remember
- Your device should have its bootloader unlocked before flashing recovery or rooting the device. To check out how to Unlock the Bootloader Go to Mi Flash Tool
- This works only for Redmi 4A. Please do not use for other devices
- Make sure you have installed the USB drivers for ADB and Fastboot, so as to detect your device correctly. To install ADB and Fastboot check Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tool
- Charge your device to 70 percent before starting.
- Make sure you have made a backup of all data since, in the case of any problems, our data remains safe.
TWRP: TWRP recovery Image
Root: SuperSu.zip (Flashable zip file)
Steps to Install TWRP
Step 1: Download all files provided in the links and place it conveniently.
Step 2: Unlock the bootloader of your device before going any further.
Step 3: Install ADB and Fastboot drivers.
Step 4: Connect your device to the PC and navigate to where ADB and Fastboot are installed. (C:/Adb and fastboot by default.)
Step 5: Copy the TWRP image file and rename it to twrp.img and place it in the location mentioned above.
Step 6: Now press and hold the shift key and then right-click the mouse pointer in that window. Now press Open command window here. A command window opens there.
Step 7: Now turn your phone off and switch over to fastboot mode. For that after shutting down your device, press and hold Volume Down+Power key and leave the phone when it vibrates.
Step 8: After entering into fastboot mode, check whether all drivers were correctly installed. Type in “fastboot devices”. It should display a text with numbers and letters followed by fastboot.
Step 9: Now to install the TWRP type in “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img”.
Within a few seconds, TWRP recovery will be installed on your device. And to go into recovery mode, turn off your device and press and hold Volume Up+Power Key and you will boot up your TWRP recovery.
Steps to Root Redmi 4A
- Download SuperSu and move it to the root folder of your phone storage
- Restart your device into the previously installed TWRP Recovery.
- Press Install once inside the Recovery mode.
- Select SuperSU.zip file from internal storage.
- Swipe to confirm the flashing process.
- Then Press Reboot >> Reboot to system.
You have now successfully installed TWRP on your system, and rooted your device. Yo now proceed to install custom kernels, flash custom images and custom ROMs on your Redmi 4A. For any doubts or queries, please let us know in the comments section below.