Download/Install TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (codename: daisy): Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite users can now install the latest version of TWRP recovery 3.2.3 on their devices. For those who purchased the Mi A2 Lite, you can now install an official build of TWRP thanks to the work from its official maintainer Senior Recognized Developer Dees_Troy. TWRP stands for TeamWin Recovery Project which is required to flash install third-party ROMs and packages on Android phones. In this guide, we’ll let you know that how to install TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite that will allow you to modify the system partitions, install third-party ROMs and packages on your Mi A2 Lite.
You can install TWRP 3.2.3 custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite smartphone very quickly. TWRP 3.2.3 custom recovery brings some unusual changes as well as well modified design with a more streamlined and minimalist look. Now go ahead and follow the given guide to install official TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
Backup Your Data & Unlock Bootloader:
Before proceeding to the installation guide, make sure that the bootloader of your Mi A2 Lite phone is unlocked. Also, don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data on your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite before starting the process to install TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. So if you want to enjoy all the awesome themes, apps, custom ROMs, mods and flashing official firmware updates then proceed to the given steps. Also, TWRP also comes with a lot of great stock functionality such as advanced wipe options. In short, TWRP recovery enables developers to develop third-party mods that rely on a custom recovery.
You’ll also want to keep an eye on our official forum for the device (which is linked below) as this release will surely spark the interest of the developer community.
TWRP Recovery 3.2.3 Details (Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite):
According to the TWRP Recovery on the official website:
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
Here we’ve given a list of some main features of TWRP Recovery:
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Partitions (Default) to back up
- Zip folder (Default) location
- Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to folks!)
- Default Time Zone (for more accurate timestamps)
- Zip Signature Verification
- Zip md5 Verification (looks for the file with zipping name.zip.md5)
- Can flash multiple zips in one go
- You can to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
- Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
- Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. EVO3D’s stock system uncompressed is ~800mb, 380mb compressed. You choose.
- Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zipping flash (for CM based ROMS)
- Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
- Some devices utilize their capacitive buttons in recovery.
- Home – Main Menu
- Menu – Advanced Menu
- Back – Up a Menu Level
- Search – Select Current Selection
- Battery Level and Timestamp
The instructions given in this guide to install TWRP 3.2.3 are working with Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. If you are facing issues to connect your phone to the PC, try to re-install the USB drivers correctly.
- Make a complete backup of all your existing data like SMS, MMS, Call Logs, Contacts and Media files, etc.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your phone by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options -> Check “USB debugging” from there.
- Ensure that the battery level of your phone is about 70-80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during installation.
- This TWRP Recovery is working with only unlocked Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite. Please don’t try this on any other devices.
- Installing TWRP recovery will void the warranty of your phone.
- Fastboot / ADB must be installed and configured on your computer.
- The bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite should be unlocked.
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite USB Drivers:
You’ll need Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite USB drivers while connecting your phone to the computer. Install the correct USB drivers on your computer. You can simply download the latest official drivers from the following link.
Steps to Install TWRP 3.2.3 Recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite:
Follow the given step-by-step guide on how to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite.
1: – First, download Android SDK from the Android Developers website. Install and set up ADB and Fastboot on Windows.
2: – Also, setup with downloading platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK.
3: – Power OFF your Mi A2 Lite and connect it to the PC using its USB data cable.
5: – Go to Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on Mi A2 Lite by pressing and holding Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons at the same for a while. Your Mi A2 Lite phone is now in Bootloader Mode.
6: – Open the Fastboot directory on Windows and run Command Prompt within the folder.
7: – Type in the following command and hit Enter.
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.3-0-daisy.img
8: – Once the flashing process complete, select Recovery from the Fastboot menu and enter into Recovery Mode.
Done! You have installed TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, and you can choose whatever function you want to perform on your phone.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question while installing TWRP 3.2.3 custom recovery on your Mi A2 Lite.