Galaxy Ace J1 is a Samsung’s budget smartphone that comes with fine specifications like 1.3 GHz Dual Core Processor, 512MB RAM, 4.3 Inch WVGA Super AMOLED Display, 5MP Camera With LED Flash and 1800mAh Battery. So if you have Galaxy Ace J1 then you’ll be happy to know that the latest Android 5.1.1 software is now available for these devices. The build number of this Android 5.1.1 stock firmware is J110MUBU0AOH1. So if you have modified the system and can’t get the OTA updates on your device then here we have a detailed step-by-step guide on how to install Android 5.1.1 update on Galaxy J1 ACE model number SM-J110M.
In this guide we’ll use Odin flashing tool to install the complete firmware as well as the stock recovery, hence all the changes made to Galaxy J1 Ace such as root, installed apps, data and custom recovery etc will be lost. Don’t forget to take proper back up of all your important data, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back. Now go ahead and follow the given instructions to get this latest Android OS firmware version on your phone.
|Build date||Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:20:17 +0000|
This guide containing the stock J110MUBU0AOH1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware file and instructions can be used only with Samsung Galaxy J1 ACE model number SM-J110M. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your phone before proceeding to the installation guide.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be held liable for any kind of damage occurred to your Galaxy J1 ACE SM-J110M during or after the installation of J110MUBU0AOH1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. However, installing an official firmware through Odin doesn’t void the warranty of your but proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- It is highly recommended to create a proper backup of all the important data and settings on Galaxy J1 ACE before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy J1 ACE USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Galaxy J1 ACE by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy J1 ACE is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Check the battery level of your phone, it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download Android 5.1.1 Lollipop for Galaxy J1 ACE SM-J110M
- Download Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (by Country or Carriers)
- Download Odin3 v3.10.7
Install Android 5.1.1 Update on Galaxy J1 ACE SM-J110M
Step No 1:- Download the J110MUBU0AOH1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware (J110MUBU0AOH1_J110MTFG0AOH1.zip) file and Odin tool (Odin3_v3.10.7.zip) for your Galaxy J1 ACE on the desktop of the PC from the above given links.
Step No 2:- Extract the Android 5.1.1 firmware file to get .tar.md5 extension and also extract the Odin .zip file as well.
Step No 3:- Turn OFF the Galaxy J1 ACE to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4:- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons at the same time.
Step No 5:- Launch Odin3 v3.10 on the PC (as Administrator).
Step No 6:- While the Galaxy J1 ACE is currently in Download Mode, connect it with PC and wait for a while till Odin detects it. If the drivers are installed correctly then the ID: COM box will turn light blue and “Added” message will be appear in Odin after phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7:- In Odin, click on the AP button and navigate to the firmware file that you’ve already extracted and placed on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 8:- Ensure that you’ve checked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options and the Re-Partition option must be unchecked.
Step No 9:- In Odin, click on the Start button to begin the installation process that may take a few minutes to completed.
Step No 10:- Once the flashing process is finished, the Galaxy J1 ACE SM-J110M will be automatically rebooted.
Step No 11:- Disconnect the device from the PC after the home screen appears.
That’s All! You’ve installed the J110MUBU0AOH1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop stock build on the Galaxy J1 ACE successfully.
Let us know in the comments area below if you need any help or having trouble while installing this Android 5.1.1 stock Lollipop firmware on your Galaxy J1 ACE.