Samsung has started rolling out the official Android 7.0 Nougat update for the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (SM-G930T/ G935T) variants. This latest official firmware update comes with a lot of improvements and tweaks that should make your Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S Edge experience better along with February 2017 security patch. Also, the Android 7.0 Nougat update brings the several bugs and usability fixes. If you own the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge and have been waiting for the Nougat OS version then it’s time for action to update your devices to the latest Android 7.o Nougat by following this step by step guide.
Samsung has rolled out Android 7.0 Nougat official update via OTA (over–the-air) in region wise. If the update has not yet reached in your region and you can’t wait for the official update to be available in your country then, still you can update your Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge manually using Odin app. After updating your device, you’ll enjoy new features as well as a completely revamped TouchWiz interface. Not necessary but it is better to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in updating your Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge (SM-G930T/ G935T) to Android 7.0 Nougat official update then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device must be SM-G930T/ G935T.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T during or after the installation of Android 7.0 Nougat Proceed at your risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T / G935T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Download G930TUVU4BQB1 Update Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download G935TUVU4BQB1 Update Android 7.0 Nougat
- Download ODIN v3.10.7
Steps to Update Samsung T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (SM-G930T/ G935T) to Android 7.0 Nougat:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 7.0 Nougat and Odin v3.10.7 for T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2: – Now, extract the archived contents to get the tar.md5 update file. Don’t extract the tar.md5 firmware update file.
Step No 3: – Turn OFF your T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4: – Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home+ Power keys at the same time for a while till the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step No 5: – Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone to your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step No 6: – One of the ID: COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
Step No 7: – Select the firmware files tar.md5 that you want to flash on your T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step No 8: – In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked, but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
9: – Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes.
Step No 10: – Once the installation process is successfully finished, the T-Mobile Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! You have successfully updated T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge SM-G930T/ G935T to Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware update.