Huawei P8 Lite now can be updated to Android 7.2.2 Nougat via Paranoid custom firmware. The Paranoid Android is one of the very popular and most efficient customized ROMs. The Paranoid Android is back after a long time and brings the latest custom build for Huawei P8 Lite which provides many improvements and enhance your system performance. This latest custom firmware is available for both the dual-SIM and single-SIM variants of Huawei P8 Lite which includes ALICE-L02, L21 & L23 models. The Paranoid Android 7.2.2 custom ROM brings many new features and customizations like unintended contact coverage, heaps of new options similar to progressed color engine, getting rid of pesky insects, Multi SIM support, Kernel updated to 3.10.107, PIE Controls system, Three-Finger Swipe Screenshot, Fast with smoother UI and much more. This ROM is not officially announced by Huawei but just a custom ROM which is developed by XDA member surdu_petru. The ROM is in beta phase so you may face some minor bugs like video recording, playback, HWC disabled, Encryption, and CPU deep-sleep. Your device must be rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or ClockworkMod (CWM) in order to flash this Paranoid Android custom ROM to your Huawei P8 Lite.
By following this step by step guide, you can update your Huawei P8 Lite to Paranoid Android 7.2.2 custom ROM. This latest custom firmware is stable, fast and run smoothly on your device and can be used as a daily driver. Before proceeding don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing the Paranoid Android 7.2.2 custom ROM on Huawei P8 Lite then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Paranoid Android 7.2.2 Custom ROM Features:
- pure & clean Android, based AOSP *
- Substratum Theme Engine *
- PA-exclusive Color Engine *
- PIE Controls system *
- Accidental Touch (prevention) functionality, Pocket Lock *
- Three-Finger Swipe Screenshot *
- Footej camera *
- PA Browser *
- Multi SIM support *
- WiFi/NFC/BT/GPS *
- Kernel updated to 3.10.107 *
- Fast with smoother UI *
- More to come *
The Paranoid Android Android 7.2.2 Nougat ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Huawei P8 Lite. Check the model number of your Huawei P8 Lite from Settings > About Phone.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Huawei P8 Lite USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Huawei P8 Lite should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- Enable USB Debugging by navigating to Menu –> Settings –> Developer Options
- Make sure that the battery level of the Huawei P8 Lite is at least above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Install Android 7.2.2 Nougat on Huawei P8 Lite with Paranoid Android custom ROM:
Step 1: Download the Paranoid Android Android 7.2.2 Nougat custom ROM package and Google Apps on the desktop of your PC for your Huawei P8 Lite.
Step 2: Once the files are downloaded, connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable (your phone must be turned on).
Step 3: Copy/Paste the downloaded firmware and Google Apps files from your PC to the root folder of SDcard of your Huawei P8 Lite. When done, unplug the USB cord.
Step 4: Turn OFF your Huawei P8 Lite to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: You can easy reboot recovery mode on your device using the QuickBoot app (For Rooted Devices) or using ADB method. If your phone is rooted then follow the given steps.
- Go to Google Play store and download a tool on your device.
- Search for the Quick Boot tool.
- Install the tool on your phone/tablet.
- Run the same.
- From the menu that will be displayed (Recovery, Reboot, Bootloader and Power Off) select “recovery”.
- Now your handset will be rebooted into recovery mode, so that’s it.
Step 6: While the P8 Lite is now in recovery mode, perform a “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 7: Go back to main recovery menu once the wipe is completed.
Step 8: Now, select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”. Locate the firmware file that you have already transferred to the root folder of your SDcard. Select it and start the installation process.
Step 9: Finally, install Google Apps by repeating the above step.
Step 10: Wait for the installation process to be completed successfully. Your phone will take about 4-5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Step 11: Once the flashing process is finished, go to recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s All, you have successfully installed the Paranoid Android Android 7.2.2 Nougat ROM on your Huawei P8 Lite.