At the beginning of the New Year OnePlus wants to make all of its customers happy. So OnePlus announced the official OxygenOS 4.0 OTA update for the OnePlus 3T devices. OnePlus has recently started rolling out stable Android 7.0 Nougat OxygenOS 4.0 OTA official update for OnePlus 3T. This latest update brought various new features and upgraded to offer great and excellent experience with OnePlus. The official updates regularly add new features to the phone and making it feel fresh with every update. So we firmly recommend that always update your OnePlus3T Smartphone to the latest official updates announced by OnePlus.
OxygenOS 4.0 OTA firmware for OnePlus 3T is rolling out in a phase wise manner by OnePlus team. So you can either wait to receive the update through OTA or if you cannot hold your excitement to try hands on the new features, then you can update your OnePlus 3T manually by following this step by step guide. The latest update OxygenOS 4.0 firmware is quite stable and comes with tonnes of new features like a multi-Window view, new and improved notifications design, customization options, themes, accent colours, advanced Doze Mode, DPI, and much more. If you are interested in updating your OnePlus 3T to OxygenOS 4.0 official Android 7.0 Nougat, then go ahead and follow the given guide.
Oxygen OS 4.0 Official Firmware Features:
- New version of Android 7.0 Nougat
- Custom DPI Support
- New Settings Menu Design
- New Notifications Design
- Notification Direct Reply
- Multi-Window View
- Status Bar Icon Options is added
- Provides better Shelf Customization
This guide containing the Oxygen OS 4.0 update can be used for the OnePlus 3T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 3T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 3T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 3T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to update OnePlus 3T to Oxygen OS 4.0 Official Firmware Android 7.0 Nougat:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Oxygen OS 4.0 official firmware file (OnePlus3TOxygen_28_OTA_035_all_1612310259_2dc0c.zip) on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your Oneplus 3T by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 3T with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
Step No 9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 4.0 update on OnePlus 3T.