How To Install Oxygen OS 3.5.5 OTA Official Update On Oneplus 2
OnePlus has pushed a grand update based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow to the OnePlus 2 devices after a long time. OnePlus team handed out OnePlus 2 users a Christmas gift in the form of Oxygen OS 3.5.5 OTA update. This latest update brings extra cool features, like App Lock, Battery saving mode, Gaming mode and much more. The latest Oxygen OS 3.5.5 Official update comes with the latest Android December security patch, that wipe out some bugs and creating a more stable system. The update is available via over-the-air (OTA), thus not all users can get Oxygen OS 3.5.5 update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow at the same time. So, if the update does not reach in your region yet then still you can install it manually by following this step by step guide.
Once you upgrade your Oneplus 2 to Oxygen OS 3.5.5 official update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, you can enjoy many features like the VoLTE support, Battery Saving Mode, Gaming Mode, Shelf Optimization, Increased System Stability and lot more. Also, the latest Oxygen update is more stable and faster than before. If you are interested in updating your Oneplus 2 to Oxygen OS 3.5.5 official update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Oxygen OS 3.5.5 Official Firmware Features:
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
This guide containing the rooted and cleaned Oxygen OS 3.5.5 Update can be used for the OnePlus 2 devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before proceeding to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 2 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the OnePlus 2 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 2 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to update OnePlus 2 to Oxygen OS 3.5.5 Official Update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Oxygen OS 3.5.5 official (OnePlus2Oxygen_14_OTA_026_all_1612220228_c351fee.zip) file on the desktop of your PC from the above given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your Oneplus 2 by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 2 with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
Step No 9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation process to be completed. Once the process is finished, select reboot from the main Recovery Menu.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 3.5.5 update on OnePlus 2.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have issue or question regarding the above-given guide to flash OxygenOS update on OnePlus 2.