Install Oxygen 4.1.3 Update Android 7.1.1 Nougat On OnePlus 3 and 3T
OnePlus has rolled out the OxygenOS 4.1.3 OTA Update for OnePlus 3/3T. The latest update is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat and comes with many improvements and bug fixes. OnePlus has released Oxygen OS 4.1.1 for OnePlus 3/3T before and then skip the Oxygen 4.1.2 and now released the Oxygen 4.1.3 firmware update based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat for OnePlus 3/3T. This latest firmware is an incremental update which is rolling out in a phase wise manner. The Oxygen 4.1.3 update brings lots of new features and improvements like improved picture taking of moving objects, improved video stability when recording, expanded screenshots, improved system stability, Wi-Fi IPv6 Support toggle, Smart Wi-Fi Switcher etc. OnePlus rolled out this update via OTA (Over-the-Air), so not all users can get the update at the same time. If the Oxygen 4.1.3 update has not reached in your region and you can’t wait more then you can still install it manually by following this step by step guide.
The Oxygen 4.1.3 Android 7.1.1 Nougat update is stable, smooth and you can get improved Android Nougat experience on your OnePlus 3/3T. Android 7.1.1 Nougat update comes with many features along with latest security patch. Not necessary but it is better to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing Oxygen 4.1.3 update on your OnePlus 3/3T then go ahead and follow the givens steps.
Oxygen OS 4.1.3 Official Firmware Features:
- Upgraded Android 7.1.1
- Added expanded screenshots
- Improved picture taking of moving objects with blur reduction
- Improved video stability when recording
- Better WiFI connectivity
- Improved Bluetooth connectivity
- Fixed Instagram swiping bug
- Fixed hardware buttons malfunction bug
- Increased system stability
- General bug fixes
This guide containing the Oxygen OS 4.1.3 update can be used for the OnePlus 3 and 3T devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 3 and 3T USB Drivers on the PC.
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 3 and 3T must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to update OnePlus 3 and 3T to Oxygen OS 4.1.3 Official Firmware Android 7.1.1 Nougat:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the Oxygen OS 4.1.3 official firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 3 and 3T by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 3 and 3T with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
Step No 9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 4.1.3 update on OnePlus 3 and 3T.