If you would like to use the latest Android Nougat features on ZTE Axon 7 then you’ll need to replace the stock Android firmware build on your phone with the new official Lineage OS. Stock builds are always good but if you want to get much of your phone then custom ROMs are the best solution. The Lineage firmware is fully stable and the system is lighter than the stock one so everything will run smoothly, faster and better than before your ZTE Axon 7. The Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS custom ROM comes with built-in settings for customising, optimising and personalising everything. So if wish to tweak your ZTE Axon 7 to improve the performance and Android User Interface then proceed to the given step by step guide and you’ll know that how to install Android 7.1 Nougat Android on ZTE Axon 7 with the official Lineage OS.
Installing custom ROMs have various advantages like, you can perform dedicated custom processes to enhance the performance of the Android phone. If a phone is rooted and a custom ROM is installed then its easy to flash custom kernels, remove bloatware, adding features, overclocking or undervolting CPU frequencies etc that cannot be found on the stock Android firmware. Do note that Lineage OS is a custom ROM which is developed by third party devs that will not receive new notifications from Google.
Your ZTE Axon 7 should be rooted and the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP must be installed on it, otherwise, you’ll not be able to flash the official Lineage OS. Now go ahead and read the given steps to make your Android OS a new playground and you will experience an amazing Android 7.1 Nougat OS.
This guide can be used to flash the Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat on the ZTE Axon 7. Please do not use the given firmware file for any other device.
- It is highly recommended to take a complete backup of all your data like SMS, MMS, Settings, Audio, Video, Call Logs and Contacts etc stored on the internal memory of your phone.
- The battery level of the ZTE Axon 7 should be at least about 70% to prevent unexpected shutdowns while flashing ROM.
- Enable USB Debugging option by navigating to Settings -> Developer Options on your Axon 7.
- Note: If the Developer Options are available then, go to Menu – Settings – About Phone and from there tap repeatedly on Built Number; the ‘you are a developer’ message will be prompted.
Steps to Flash Official Lineage OS Android 7.1 Nougat Firmware on ZTE Axon 7:
Step 1: Download the Android 7.1 Lineage OS custom ROM and Google apps package from the Download Section. Save the files on the desktop of your computer.
Step 2: Connect your smartphone using its USB cable with your computer.
Step 3: Transfer the downloaded files from desktop to your phone.
Step 4: Once the files are transferred, unplug the USB cable and disconnect your device.
Step 5: Now, boot the ZTE Axon 7 into recovery mode by following the given steps:
- Android SKD must be installed on your PC and set up ADB on MAC OS X / Linux.
- Make a connection between your device and computer using its USB cable.
- Navigate to the Fastboot folder on the PC.
- There open a command prompt window and type “adb reboot recovery”.
Step 6: Before proceeding to the flashing process, first wipe your ZTE Axon 7. You can wipe the system from recovery by choosing: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 7: After the wiping process is finished, go back to main recovery menu.
Step 8: From the recovery menu, select “install zip from SD card” followed by “choose zip from SD card” to start the ROM flashing process.
Step 9: Locate the firmware “Android 7.1 Nougat based custom ROM” and start installing the Lineage OS firmware on your ZTE Axon 7.
Step 10: Now install Google Apps package by repeating the above steps.
Step 11: Finally, select “reboot system now” from the main menu of recovery.
Your device will take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You have successfully installed Android 7.1 Lineage OS custom ROM on ZTE Axon 7.