Do you wish to taste the latest Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO ROM [Fastboot ROM] on your phone? If your answer is yes, then you’ll be glad to know that Android 8.1 OREO ROM is now available for Mi A1. Today, we are going to share a detailed guide on how to Download Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO ROM and installation steps. This new ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo having build number OPM1.171019.019.8.5.11 that brings May Security Patch. This guide is especially for those users who don’t want to void the warranty of the phone by rooting it having a non-rooted device. So go ahead and follow the given guide to install the OREO 8.1 fastboot ROM without rooting Mi A1.
After installing the latest Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO ROM, you can enjoy lots of new features like new UI, improved System performance, the stock camera works fine and lots more. Just download the Mi A1 OREO fastboot rom and you will need to flash it via fastboot commands. Keep in mind that this is the latest leaked build from the Xiaomi servers and all the bug are fixed in this new fastboot Android 8.1 OREO ROM. So if you are interested in installing Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO ROM then follow the given step-by-step guide.
Download Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO ROM
Please note that this guide is working only with Mi A1. Do not try to flash this ROM on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone before installation.
- The battery level of your phone should be at least about 70 to 80% before proceeding to the installation.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers on your PC.
- Create a proper Backup of your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps without Root
- Your Xiaomi Mi A1 must have the bootloader unlocked.
- Your computer must have ADB and Fastboot installed.
androidblog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xiaomi Mi A1 during or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk. So let’s get started and Download Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO ROM.
How to Update Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO ROM Fastboot ROM
1. First of all, download the Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO Fastboot ROM (Mi-a1-OPM1.171019.019.8.5.11-Tissot-OREO-8.1.rar) from the above-given link on the desktop of your PC.
2. Extract the downloaded file and you will file like shown in the image below.
3. Also, extract the platform tool folder from the zipped package that you downloaded from the above link
4. Now transfer all the Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO Fastboot ROM folder files (Mi-a1-OPM1.171019.019.8.5.11-tissot-OREO-8.1) to the Platform-tools folder.
5. Boot your Mi A1 in fastboot mode. Power OFF your Mi A1 and power it ON by holding Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time.
6. The fastboot screen with Mi Bunny will appear on the screen of your device.
7. Connect your Mi A1 to the PC using its USB cable. Run the “Flash_A” file to begin the installation process on your device.
8. Once the installation completes, your phone will reboot.
Done! Your Mi A1 is now running on the latest Android 8.1 OREO.
This was an easy guide to flash Android 8.1 OREO update on your nougat based Mi A1 Phone.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or queries while downloading and installing Mi A1 Android 8.1 OREO ROM OPM1.171019.019.8.5.11