Android 8.0 Oeo is live for the Samsung Galaxy S9+. Samsung has started rolling out the December 2018 security patch for most of its high-end devices. Galaxy S9+ owners can now receive own Android notification anytime. Follow the given guide to Install G965FXXS2BRK3 December 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy S9+. Samsung released the Andoid 8.0 Oreo firmware update for this device. This new OTA update is available for the SM-G956F variant of the Galaxy S9+ that comes with build number G965FXXS2BRK3. The new December 2018 security patch will secure your online profile and your off-line identity.
You may already know that the OEM pushing out the OTA in stages so it will be offered for more countries during the following period of time gradually. Navigate to OTA (Over-the-air) update system / Samsung KIES to upgrade your device to update your Galaxy S9+. But if you have not yet received the OTA notification then follow the given guide. If you can’t wait to receive the OTA notification then still you can flash the G965FXXS2BRK3 December 2018 Security Patch manually on your device to improve your overall Galaxy S9+ Android experience.
The new firmware brings the G965FXXS2BRK3 December 2018 Security Patch and it some minor OS improvements such as bug fixes, stability improvements and with essential security patches. After upgrading your Galaxy S9+, you’ll feel improvements in the overall Android experience. Follow the given guide to You can download G965FXXS2BRK3 Andoid 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S9+ from below.
Keep in mind that G965FXXS2BRK3 is a completely unbranded firmware, thus you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs with this. In this guide, we’ll use ODIN flashing tool to install Andoid 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy S9+. So go ahead and follow the given step-by-step guide carefully. Don’t forget to take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding to install G965FXXS2BRK3 Andoid 8.0 Oreo December 2018 Security Patch.
This guide containing the G965FXXS2BRK3 Andoid 8.0 Oreo firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy S9+ only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
G965FXXS2BRK3 Andoid 8.0 Oreo Firmware Details:
Model name: Galaxy S9+
Version: Android 8.0.0
Build date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 01:40:17 +0000
Security Patch Level: 2018-12-01
Product code: NEE
AndroidBlog.gs will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy S9+ during or after the installation of Andoid 8.0 Oreo. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy S9+, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy S9+ USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your J7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy S9+ is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
Download G965FXXS2BRK3 Andoid 8.0 Oreo Firmware:
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F via OTA
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Steps: How To Update Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F via Samsung Kies
- Ensure that you have a stable internet connection (WiFi) on your PC.
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your computer.
- Power ON the phone and then connect it to a PC using its USB cable.
- Run Samsung Kies and wait for it to detect your phone.
- If a new firmware is available then you will see that a new firmware upgrade is available at Samsung Kies home screen.
- Now, press the Firmware Upgrade button to proceed.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instruction and your device will run upgrade and reboot automatically. Disconnect your device from a PC after the process completes.
Install G965FXXS2BRK3 December 2018 Security Patch on Samsung Galaxy S9+
1:– First, download G965FXXS2BRK3 Security Patch and Odin v3.09 for Galaxy S9+ on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy S9+ in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy S9+. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy S9+ will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Fix Boot Loop Issue On Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F
In case your Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F stuck at booting for more than 10 minutes after the installation process then follow the given instructions:
- First, boot your device into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Then perform Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition task. After that select Reboot System Now.
In recovery mode use Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select the option.
Please note, performing wiping task will erase your device internal memory data and not external SD card data.
Done! these were the instructions to install G965FXXS2BRK3 Andoid 8.0 Oreo on Galaxy S9+. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.