Samsung Galaxy S6 received another official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update. This new update comes with build number G920FXXU2COH2 which is now available for the International variants of Samsung Galaxy S6 SM-G920F. G920FXXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop brings all the Microsoft apps such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and more. There are no extra features added in this release except Microsoft Apps however installing new firmware updates are better for improved performance and enhancements. If you want to get this latest Android OS update on your Galaxy S6 then checkout the OTA notification area, if you have received OTA notification then go ahead and install it over-the-air but if the update is not currently available in your region then don’t worry we’ve a step-by-step guide to install Android 5.1.1 G920FXXU2COH2 Lollipop on your Galaxy S6 G920 manually using the firmware .zip file given below.
Ready to get G920FXXU2COH2 Lollipop update? Proceed to the given instructions carefully to improve the overall OS performance and get Microsoft Apps. Take a look on the firmware details:
G920FXXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 Firmware Details:
|Model name||GALAXY S6|
|Build date||Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:13:06 +0000|
This guide containing the G920FTSI2COH2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware file can be used only for the Samsung Galaxy S6 SM – G920F (International variants). Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant.
AndroidBlog.GS will not be blamed in case your phone is bricked or any damage occurred to your Galaxy S6. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Take a proper backup of all your data and settings like SMS, MMS, APN, Contacts and Call logs etc.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- disable Samsung KIES from running and any antivirus app.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your Galaxy S6 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- After the installation of this official firmware, your device will not belongs to a rooted version.
- If you have installed a custom recovery, then it will be replaced with a stock Recovery image.
- Make sure that the battery level of your Galaxy S6 is about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Since you’ve read all of the above you can continue to the updating process below.
Steps to Install G920FXXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Microsoft Apps Update on Galaxy S6 G920F:
Step No 1:- First, download the G920FXXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official firmware and Odin3 for Galaxy S6 G920F on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2:- Extract the firmware zipped file to get the G920FXXU2COH2 tar.md5 file.
Step No 3:- Turn OFF the phone in order to boot into Download Mode.
Step No 4:- Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons at the same time. Then release the buttons when download mode is displayed on your Galaxy S6.
Step No 5:- Now run the Odin3 v3.10.6.exe on your PC as an Administrator.
Step No 6:- Connect the device to your PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 7:- Once the phone is successfully connected, the ID:COM port on Odin will turn Blue and “Added!!” message will be displayed on the screen.
Step No 8:- Click on AP button on Odin and locate the G920FXXU2COH2 tar.md5 firmware file that you have already downloaded and extracted on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 9:- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes are checked and Re-Partition box must be unchecked.
Step No 10:- Begin the firmware installation process by clicking on the Start button on Odin. This process may take a few minutes to complete.
Step No 11:- On successful installation, you’ll get a PASS! message on Odin and the phone will be restarted.
The Galaxy S6 will take about 10-15 minutes to boot for the first time after installation, so be patient.
Done! You’ve successfully installed the official G920FXXU2COH2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update on your Galaxy S6 G920F.
If the Galaxy S6 is doesn’t boot in normal mode after the installation of this new firmware or if a boot loop issue occurred then you’ll be required to apply a “factory reset” by force.
- Turn OFF the Galaxy S6.
- Boot it in Recovery Mode. (Power OFF, Press & Hold Power + Volume Up + Home buttons altogether)
- select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’.
- Confirm the “Factory Reset”.
- Reboot the Galaxy S6 in normal mode.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issue or question regarding the above given guide.