Install Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy J5 2016: Good news for all Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 users who are looking to install Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016. Lineage OS 15.1 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Today, we will be teaching you on how to install Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016 by following this simple and detailed guide.
The Lineage OS is the most popular Android Custom ROM and it is the new form of CyanogenMod. Now you can download and install Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016 and enjoy all the Oreo features. The Lineage OS 15.1 ROM comes with all the features and customizations from official Android Oreo-like Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes and much more.
The Galaxy J5 2016 comes with 5.2-inch Super AMOLED display screen with an HD resolution of 1280x720p. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916 1.2GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 processor along with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB ROM internal storage. The Galaxy J5 2016 comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgraded to Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
There is no news about Android Oreo official update for Galaxy J5 2016. Full credit goes to Lineage team which builds and shares this amazing custom firmware which brings some amazing additional features and improvements through that you can play and modify your device. Keep in mind that this is not officially announced by Samsung but just a custom ROM. Proceed to download Lineage OS 15.1 For Galaxy J5 2016.
Your device should be rooted and have the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM already installed on it, in order to install Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016. The ROM is still under development, so you may face some bugs and errors but don’t worry about that, they will be fixed in next update. The good thing is that you can get the experience of latest Android OS on your device. Don’t forget to take the full backup of all your valuable data before proceeding. If you want to install Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016 custom ROM then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Check Popular Posts:
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- How to Backup Important Data on Android (Non-Rooted Phones).
- Enable USB Debugging on your Galaxy J5 2016 by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB drivers for Galaxy J5 2016 on your PC.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- Download Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016:
- First, download the Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM and Google Apps package from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy J5 2016 to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
- Follow the given guide on How To Boot into Recovery Mode on Android (Various ways).
- Now, follow the given guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 for Galaxy J5 2016.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble while flashing the Android 8.1 Oreo Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM on Galaxy J5 2016.