Huawei Nexus 6P now can be updated to the newest official factory image N2G47W Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware. This latest official update comes with the latest security patch in June 2017 to protect any security breaches and based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat. Now you can test the latest Android Nougat OS experience on your device.
This Nougat firmware comes with a number of bug fixes, general performance; improved stability, battery usage alert, Bluetooth connectivity improvements, improved fingerprint swipe performance and many other new changes for your Nexus 6P. Google has rolled out the official update via OTA (Over-the-Air), which means that not all users can get the official update at the same time. If the update has not yet reached in your region and you can’t wait more then still you can manually update your Nexus 6P to Android 7.1.2 N2G47W factory image by following this simple step by step guide.
This tutorial containing the instructions and files to root Android Android 7.1.2 N2G47W Nougat are only compatible with Nexus 6P. Do not use this guide for other devices or incorrect variants.
AndroidBlog.gs will not be held responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your Nexus 6P during or after the rooting process of this Android 7.1.2 N2G47W Nougat official firmware on Nexus 6P. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all your important existing data on Nexus 6P.
- ADB/Fastboot must be configured and properly installed on your PC.
- The stock Marshmallow OS version should be installed on Nexus 6P.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus on your computer.
- The Nexus bootloader should be unlocked.
How To Unlock Your Bootloader:
- Turn off your phone or tablet.
- Hold down the power button and the volume down button.
- On your computer, open Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Mac). Navigate to the folder with Platform tools.
- On your computer, type:
./fastboot flashing unlockin a terminal or command prompt.
- Press the volume up button and the power button on your device to confirm bootloader unlock.
- On your computer, type:
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
How To Update Nexus 6P to Android 7.1.2 Nougat N2G47W using Official Factory Image:
Step No 1: First, download Android 7.1.2 Factory Image (angler-n2g47w-factory-bd87661a.zip) on the desktop of your computer for Nexus 6P.
Step No 2: Now, plug your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
Step No 3: Ensure that Fastboot is configured and installed on the PC correctly. How to Set Up ADB and Fastboot with Android SDK.
Step No 4: Power OFF your Nexus 6P to boot into Fastboot/Bootloader Mode. Turn OFF your phone.
Step No 5: Power ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power keys at the same time until the Fastboot menu appears.
Step No 6: Unzip the firmware file on your PC, that you have already downloaded and placed on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 7: Go to the folder containing the unzipped firmware extracted files and then copy/paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
Step No 8: Run the following command (depending which Operating System you are on) from the factory image files in your Fastboot folder:
9: The flashing process of the stock factory image on your Nexus 6P will be initiated. Wait for the installation process to be completed successfully.
Step No 10: Once the installation completes, your Nexus 6P will boot, and it may take about 4-5 minutes to boot for the first time.
Done! You have successfully installed the official Android 7.1.2 N2G47W Nougat update on Nexus 6P using Google’s stock factory image.